In this lesson, you implement the timer intermediate event that you modeled in the Standard HR Open New Position process.
When you implement the timer intermediate event that you attached to the boundary of the Approve or reject requisition activity, you can set the following details:
- Trigger on – Specifies when the timer intermediate event starts.
- Before or After difference – Specifies the amount of time that is allowed to pass after the due date before the timer is activated.
- Make sure that the Standard HR Open New Position process is open and the Definition tab is selected.
- Click the timer intermediate event that is attached to the Review position request activity.
- Open the Implementation properties.
- In the Event Properties section, specify the following values:
- Trigger on – After due date. This selection causes the event to trigger after the due date for the activity.
- Before or after difference – 1 and Days. This selection causes the event to trigger one day after the due date.
Note: When you select to run the timer event repeatedly, make sure that you set the Before or after difference to at least 1 minute. When the timer is set to Repeatable and the before or after interval is 0, it causes high CPU load because the escalation notices are sent continuously, without an interval, until the activity completes.
- Save your work.
You implemented the timer intermediate event that was modeled in the Standard HR Open New Position process.
In the next lesson, you implement the gateways.