By Michael Scheible
Before you migrate from a version or release to another version or release, for example from V8.0.x to V8.5.x, in any production environment, make sure that you have migrated your staging or test environment and have tested your applications in the new environment.
- You want to improve performance.
- You need fixes that are in the new version.
- You want to use new features that are provided in the new version.
- Your existing product version is going out of service.
Test your migration procedures for one or more of the following reasons:
- You must estimate in advance the amount of downtime that will be needed for migration. An estimate of downtime cannot be created without testing the migration procedures.
- You want to make sure that the new version improves performance.
- You want to make sure that the fixes you require are in the new version and work as expected.
- You want to make sure that your existing applications work correctly in the new version.
For more information, read Planning a migration.
Applicable editions: Express, Standard, and Advanced
Applicable releases: All