In this lesson, you conduct Playback Two by checking that the individual client-side human services are working as expected and that the coaches display correctly, and you take a snapshot.
In the playback, you check the following paths:
- The hiring manager requests a replacement for an existing position.
- The hiring manager creates a request for a new position and the general manager (GM) approves the request for a new position.
- The hiring manager creates a request for a new position and GM rejects the request for a new position.
For the tutorial, the Find position candidates activity in the process will use the default responsive human service. See the Hiring sample for an example of how you could implement a client-side human service for this activity.
- Make sure that the Standard HR Open New Position process is open on the Definition page.
- To run an instance of the process, click the icon.
- In the Inspector, check the first path. Click the icon. The Process Portal opens in another browser instance.
- In the Tasks section of Process Portal, click the Submit position request step. Claim the task. The Submit position request coach opens.
- Enter values into the fields. For this path, select Existing for the Position type.
- Click Next.
- In the Specify existing position coach, confirm or provide data for the fields and then click Next.
- In the Confirm position details coach, confirm that the fields contain the same data that you entered in the previous coaches. The fields should be read-only however.
- Click Submit. The Process Portal reopens.
- Click Find position candidates step. The Find position candidates coach opens. This coach is using a default UI because the tutorial has not created one.
- Click Done.
- Return to the Process Designer.
- In the same way, test the second path, select New for the Position type and Approved for GM Approval.
- In the same way, test the third path, select New for the Position type and Rejected for GM Approval.
- Take a snapshot of the process application:
- In Process Designer, click the icon in the main toolbar.
- Name the snapshot Playback Two.
- For the description, type This is a snapshot of the process application up to Playback Two.
- Click Finish.
You conducted Playback Two by checking that the human services are working as expected and that the coaches display correctly. You also took a snapshot of the process application.
In the next module, you provide validation to ensure the user provides data in required fields.