What is cloud server software?
It doesn’t matter if you have the ideal server configuration for your workload if it doesn’t have the operating systems, control panels, database applications and utility software you need. IBM Cloud offers a comprehensive range of software options from industry leaders. Sixty-four-bit operating systems (many at no additional monthly cost), layers of virtualization, security, database and control panel software are all available. These options are installed using each vendor’s best practices and are licensed and billed month to month with the rest of your solution.
Server software features
IBM Cloud supports the leading open source and enterprise operating systems, utilities and applications.
Installation, configuration and updates are performed to ensure peak performance and security.
Installation, reloads and updates are automated and controlled via API, portal or mobile app.
- Microsoft Windows Server Standard, Datacenter and Datacenter with Hyper-V editions
- Red Hat
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) for SAP Applications
- Vyatta Virtual Router Appliance
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware ESXi
- VMware vSphere
- APF Software Firewall
- McAfee Anti-Virus
- McAfee Host Intrusion Protection
- McAfee Total Protection
- Microsoft Windows Firewall
- Basho Riak
- IBM Cloud Analytics
- Microsoft SQL Server (2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017) Web, Standard and Enterprise editions
- cPanel/WHM with Fantastico, RVSkin and Softaculous
- Plesk – ONYX
- R1Soft Server Backup Manager Enterprise (Linux)
- Veeam Backup and Replication with Agent Backup
- NetApp ONTAP Select
- OSNEXUS QuantaStor
Software options can be installed during server deployment, via customer portal on demand, and then kept up to date via vendor-supplied private update servers located inside the IBM Cloud private network.