IBM again named a Leader in 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage
For the fourteenth1 consecutive year, Gartner has positioned IBM as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Primary Storage.
We believe this analysis by Gartner and recognition gives our customers the confidence needed to choose IBM as the platform for their most strategic assets – their data and workloads.
As our customers and communities continually adjust to new ways of working and doing business, IBM remains focused on delivering the industry’s fastest and most secure all-flash primary storage array with IBM FlashSystem®.
Here are a few recent examples of how we provide a consistent set of data and operational services with IBM FlashSystem to help you be more resilient and derive even more value from your hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
Ready for the most demanding, mission-critical workloads
IBM FlashSystem storage arrays provide cloud architectures on premises and the resilience, performance, and scale necessary to run the most demanding workloads. Examples of recent launches:
- Oct 27, 2020: Improved performance for virtualized and non-virtualized applications and environments with end-to-end NVMe support and 3x Storage-Class Memory capacity options.
- Feb 9, 2021: New options for edge-based use-cases and physical capacity constrained data centers with the launch of IBM FlashSystem 5200, delivering up to 1.7PB of storage in a compact, 1U form factor.
- July 20, 2021: Protect critical workloads and data with snapshots stored in a secure isolated recovery environment to reduce the impacts of cyber-attacks with rapid restore with IBM Safeguarded Copy. Interoperability with IBM QRadar SIEM® and IBM Security™ Guardium® for cyber threat monitoring and automated response. Additionally, choose how storage is deployed and consumed with IBM’s Storage as a Service offering to provide easy on-ramp to FlashSystem technology and hybrid cloud.
Consistency from edge-to-core-to-cloud
IBM has a long history of leadership in infrastructure reuse and support for multi-cloud environments. Here are a few recent improvements we’ve made to ensure you have consistency in data services and operational services anywhere data resides:
- Our single operating environment IBM Spectrum® Virtualize helps organizations present a consistent set of data and operational services to efficiently and effectively store, safeguard, manage, govern, mobile and integrate on IBM and non-IBM systems, reducing the need to manage specialized knowledge and retain product-specific skills.
- Consistency in the Cloud with IBM Spectrum Virtualize for Public Cloud, delivering the same data and operational services in the cloud (IBM Cloud®, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure providers) and offers new use-cases between on and off premises environments such as backup-to-cloud, ransomware threat protection-to-cloud, accelerated devops scenarios, and more.
Interoperability with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, and VMware
We’ve made interoperability a key priority over 2020 and 2021 with a focus on interoperability with Kubernetes, Red Hat® OpenShift® container and VMware-based environments. In the past year alone, we’ve launched several innovations to help you create a secure enterprise storage foundation to support virtualized and container-based workloads.
- Container Ready Storage with IBM FlashSystem: to deliver a consistent set of data and operational services for stateful workloads to help customers code and build faster, test more completely, and deploy more securely.
- Container Native Storage with IBM Spectrum Fusion: providing persistent storage volumes combined with Kubernetes primitives to deliver reliability and stability for critical and operational containerized workloads in a software defined or hyperconverged offering.
- Bring your own Kubernetes Support: with interoperability for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Kubernetes, and automation support via Red Hat Ansible.
- VMware Design Partner: IBM’s close relationship with VMware results in our market leading support for virtualized infrastructures with plugin and extensions to VMware vCenter, the vSphere Web Client, support for vSphere APIs for Storage Awareness, integrations with vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Orchestration.
Commitment to customer success
Lastly, and most importantly, our field and partner organizations work with a singular focus to ensure customer success. This has made IBM Storage one of the most recognized leaders in enterprise storage, with a rapidly expanding customer base across all geos and industries.
IBM Storage Expert Care – launched in 2021 – offers simple, straightforward pricing and selection of services for all of IBM’s primary storage offerings. This service has helped us consolidate and simplify the post-sales engagement with customers, increase the support channels and automatically trigger case-creation based on policy-based call-home. Enterprises with Expert Care continue to report high levels of satisfaction with their focused technical account managers (TAMs), helping them get the most business value out of their IBM FlashSystem investments.
To learn more about IBM FlashSystem and our commitment to sustaining and accelerating the pace of customer-centric innovation, here are a few next steps you can take:
- Download a copy of the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage. Learn why Gartner named IBM a Leader for Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision.
- Schedule a consultation with us. Fill out this form and our storage experts will contact you or call sales at +1 877-426-4264 (Priority code: Storage).