30 years of knowledge, 75% faster
Now employees anywhere in the world can access 30 years of expertise and locate technical data to make quicker, smarter, more fact-based decisions.
Watson helped reduce the time spent searching for expert knowledge by 75%. In a high-risk industry, every action on an offshore platform costs time and money. With Watson on IBM Cloud, Woodside can get a return on their investment and help keep employees safe.
Watson APIs being used include:
- Natural Language Classifier
- Retrieve and Rank
Oil and gas companies, airlines, hospitals, businesses, educators and governments are working with Watson. In 45 countries and 20 industries, Watson is helping people make sense of data so they can make better decisions while uncovering new ideas.
How Watson Energy worked with Watson on IBM Cloud (in 5 simple steps)
- Over 38,000 Woodside documents were loaded into Watson ion IBM Cloud – the equivalent of 30 years of practical engineering experience.
- With this data, Watson considers historical context and procedural information on operations, equipment, weather, tidal currents and more.
- Employees ask Watson a question in natural language, such as “What is the maximum weight of a helicopter landing on the platform?”
- Watson can find results from previous tests and recommend a course of action.
- Employees can generate and make physical adjustments based on the information.