Share this post:
Enterprises are going through a huge transformation in how they operate.
Today, according to a recent study, 85 percent of enterprises operate in a multicloud environment. The IBM Institute for Business Value estimates that by 2021, 98 percent of organizations studied plan to adopt multicloud architectures.
Navigating multicloud complexity
There are no two ways about it. It’s a multicloud world. With most businesses already running and trying to manage five or more cloud environments, often from multiple vendors, companies are struggling with how to keep up. The IBV paper study also states that just 38 percent of those same enterprises studied will have the procedures and tools they need to operate this environment.
This is compounded by the fact that managing these multiple clouds is largely customized and can be complex, with potentially major security implications and a lack of consistent management and integration tools. What’s required are services that provide an integrated approach to provide companies with a single management and operations system that address three critical layers:
- Business management. Applications that provide digital service ordering, modern service management, and cost governance.
- Orchestration. An automation layer that enables services of different types, from different vendors to be delivered in an optimized manner and available to consumers.
- Operations. A layer that enables infrastructure and operations admins to monitor and maintain systems, including legacy infrastructure, private cloud, public cloud and container environments.
Simplifying multicloud management
To help navigate this complexity, IBM is embracing the multicloud reality and vision for our clients. Our next step in achieving this is building off of a recent partnership expansion with ServiceNow to offer new services that are designed to help enterprises simplify the management of their IT resources across multiple cloud providers and on-premises environments. Not only can the IBM Services for Multicloud Management help you address those three areas, it will also include a unified, self-service experience to enable companies to:
- integrate with the ServiceNow Portal to configure and buy cloud services/solutions from multiple cloud providers
- offer a global DevOps pipeline and performance management services
- offer data center performance cloud health, container management and AI ops management
- provide workload planning, cloud sourcing, procurement and cost and asset management
Introducing new IBM Services for Cloud Strategy and Design
To succeed on any cloud platform and deliver real business value, it’s essential for companies to build the right strategy following a broad assessment. At IBM, we’re working with clients across industries to help them determine which processes, methods and applications need to be moved or modernized for cloud.
With our new IBM Services for Cloud Strategy and Design, IBM is providing a comprehensive set of consulting services to advise clients on their journey to hybrid cloud. Services include design, migration, integration, road mapping and architectural services with support for multiple vendor platforms. Our enhanced cloud capabilities combined with our Cloud Innovate tools, IBM Cloud approach and automated decision accelerators, help companies architect the best, holistic approach to cloud.
Dedicated teams of certified IBM consultants work with clients to help design, build and manage their cloud architecture with open, secure multicloud strategies. With the right multicloud support, we’re supporting companies with application development, migration, modernization and management for faster deployment.
There’s no question cloud is here to stay. The question is, is your company ready for a multicloud world?
Learn more about these new IBM Cloud Services and get started today.