Fix Central for IBM i allows you to search, select, order, and download fixes to your system with a choice of delivery options. Fixes provide changes to your software, Licensed Internal Code, or machine code that fix known problems, add new function, and keep your system or Hardware Management Console operating efficiently.
Attention all new and first time users of Fix Central:
Complete the following steps before ordering PTFs over the Internet:
Getting started with Fix Central for IBM i
- Have a valid IBM user ID and password. Register for an IBM user ID.
- Review and ensure you meet all of the requirements your client and Power or System i family system.
- Open a web browser and go to Fix Central.
- Select System i from the "Product Group" pulldown.
- Select IBM i from the "Product" pulldown. Review the Guide to fixes for other ordering scenarios.
- Click Continue to begin the ordering process or select one of the following options from the right navigational panel. Note: the following options are only available when IBM i is selected from the "Product" pulldown.
- Quick order:
Select a release from the pulldown, and then choose “Cumulative PTF package”, “Hiper group”, or “Database group” to quickly order the latest package for the selected release. Note: the latest database and hiper groups are always included when ordering the Cumulative PTF package.
- Resume my pending orders:
If you have previously placed an order for virtual images using Download Director, you can resume the order here to begin the download.
- Work with my recent orders:
Orders you have recently placed will show up here, where you can view the details of the orders or place the orders again.
- Work with my saved preference sets:
If you have created any saved preference sets from previously placed orders, you can view, delete, or load them here
The following alternatives are available to place your PTF order:
Use the IBM i, i5/OS, and OS/400 command SNDPTFORD to send the PTF order to IBM. Note that many of the Fix Central for IBM i order options are also available using this command.