December 30, 2016 | Written by: Dan Kehn
Categorized: Community | Garage | Trending
Share this post:
Excerpt from the IBM Design Thinking Field Guide
IBM Design Thinking is our approach to applying design thinking at the speed and scale the modern enterprise demands. It’s a framework for teaming and action. It helps our teams not only form intent, but deliver outcomes—outcomes that advance the state of the art and improve the lives of the people they serve.
The field guide provides a high-level overview of IBM Design Thinking:
- LEARNING IT: A summary of the fundamental concepts of IBM Design Thinking.
- LEADING IT: A quick reference for facilitating essential IBM Design Thinking activities on your team.
Are you ready to see problems and solutions from a new point of view? Embrace the principles of IBM Design Thinking:
- Focus on user outcomes: Our users rely on our solutions to get their jobs done everyday. Success isn’t measured by the features and functions we ship—it’s measured by how well we fulfill our users’ needs.
- Diverse empowered teams: Diverse teams generate more ideas than homogeneous ones, increasing your chance of a breakthrough. Empower them with the expertise and authority to
turn those ideas into outcomes.
- Restless reinvention: Everything is a prototype. Everything—even in-market solutions. When you think of everything as just another iteration, you’re empowered to bring new thinking to even the oldest problems.
This field guide is updated frequently.
Download the latest version