Share this post:
We’d like to inform you that we will be retiring the AlchemyAPI service on Bluemix. The two main capabilities within AlchemyAPI are AlchemyData News and AlchemyLanguage.
- AlchemyData News offers enriched news and blog content that can be queried for highly targeted search and trend analysis. This capability is now available with the Watson Discovery Service. Watson Discovery offers a pre-enriched news source similar to AlchemyData News and also enables users to combine public and private data for unstructured content analysis.
- AlchemyLanguage offers a set of APIs that offer natural language processing for advanced text analysis. This capability is available with the Watson Natural Language Understanding Service. Watson Natural Language Understanding enables users to do the same text analysis as with AlchemyLanguage and also enables use of custom models for better domain accuracy.
Both services offer simpler and less expensive pricing options.
Here’s what you need to know:
End of Marketing Date: April 7, 2017
As of April 7, 2017, the AlchemyAPI tile will be removed from the Bluemix catalog and you will no longer be able to provision new AlchemyAPI instances. However, existing instances will continue to be supported.
End of Support Date: March 7, 2018
- For a period of 334 days after the End of Marketing Date, through March 7, 2018, all existing instances will continue to be available on the services dashboard in the Bluemix console. All existing instances will continue to be supported by AlchemyAPI.
- Any instance still provisioned as of the End of Support Date will be deleted.
- Instructions for switching from AlchemyLanguage to Watson Natural Language Understanding can be found here.
- Instructions for switching from AlchemyDataNews to Watson Discovery can be found here.
Please note the US South, Sydney and United Kingdom regions will be affected by this service update.
We encourage existing AlchemyAPI users to switch to Watson Discovery or Watson Natural Language Understanding now.
Try on Bluemix. It’s free!