What is edge computing?
Edge computing is a distributed computing framework that brings enterprise applications closer to data sources such as Internet of Things (IoT) devices, edge servers and gateways. This proximity to data at its source benefits a business by allowing processing and analysis to be done in near real-time to deliver faster insights, improved response times and bandwidth optimization.
What is IBM Edge Application Manager?
IBM Edge Application Manager is an intelligent, secure and flexible platform that provides autonomous management for edge computing. It is a full-lifecycle edge environment that helps you to create, deploy, run, secure, monitor, maintain and scale business logic and analytics applications at the edge. It can run anywhere and manage workloads on virtually any edge endpoint, including servers, gateways and devices.
What are the benefits provided by IBM Edge Application Manager?
The primary benefits of IBM Edge Application Manager include:
- New customer experiences — Deliver more personalized engagements that proactively respond to users.
- Faster insights and action — Tap into new sources of data created and processed at the edge.
- Continuous operations —Run autonomously, even when disconnected, and reduce disruption and cost.
What capabilities does IBM Edge Application Manager provide?
IBM Edge Application Manager is intelligent, flexible and secure.
- The industry’s first autonomous policy-based workload lifecycle management edge platform with edge-native programming
- Consistent visibility, control and automation for managing and scaling workloads from edge to core and across any hybrid multicloud environment, even when disconnected
- Firewall ready; prevents common attacks; encrypted and signed messages; container tampering and update verification
How does IBM Edge Application Manager compare to other edge solutions in the market?
IBM has an autonomous edge solution, enabling a single administrator to securely manage the scale, variability and rate of change of application environments across tens of thousands of endpoints. Using IBM Edge Application Manager, you can easily create, deploy, run, secure, monitor, maintain and scale business logic and analytics applications at the edge. Edge endpoints run on containers and Red Hat® OpenShift®, giving you choice and flexibility to extend from any public or private cloud to any edge server or device.
Are services available with IBM Edge Application Manager?
Yes. IBM brings deep industry expertise — including a new dedicated edge computing services practice — to advance enterprise edge strategy and to deliver successful client implementation.
Schedule a free virtual edge computing consultation
The IBM Garage™ is a driving force in guided transformation. IBM is happy to offer you an opportunity to explore your business goals and discuss how your enterprise can handle the scale, variability and rate of change of 5G and enterprise edge applications.