These are some of the most useful Tekton tasks to guide you in your experience with IBM Cloud DevOps Tekton pipelines.
Continuous Delivery Tekton pipelines are the core of IBM Cloud DevOps toolchains. This page provides you with a set of the most useful Tekton tasks that will help you build and deploy your application using IBM Cloud Continuous Delivery Tekton pipelines.
Tekton pipelines is an open source project that you can use to configure and run continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines within a Kubernetes cluster. Tekton pipelines are defined in yaml files, which are typically stored in a Git repository.
For more background and information on Tekton, see "Tekton: A Modern Approach to Continuous Delivery" and the following video:
Tekton catalog description
The Tekton catalog is a Github repository that contains a set of tasks that can be reused in your Tekton pipelines. Each task is located in a sub-directory corresponding to its usage and comes with a readme and a sample folder which contains an example pipeline/listener. The readme details the task's usage, context, parameter(s) and output.
Example usage: git clone a repository
- New to IBM Cloud DevOps Toolchains? Check out the Getting Started page
- Review the git clone task information
- Follow the task's installation steps
Tekton catalog content
- Clone a repository
- Set git commit status
- IBM Cloud Container Registry
- Build a Docker image (using dind, Buildkit)
- Run a Vulnerability Advisor scan against a Docker image
- Cloud Foundry
- Deploy a Cloud Foundry application
- IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
- Fetch a Kubernetes cluster configuration
- Execute bash snippet/script in the context of a Kubernetes cluster
- IBM Cloud Devops Insights
- Publish build, test, deploy records to DevOps Insights
- Evaluate DevOps Insights gate policies
- IBM Cloud DevOps Open-Toolchain
- Create or update a deployable mapping between a Toolchain and the application it deployed.
- Extract values from the desired config map using a given jq expression
- Working with Tekton pipelines
- Tekton Pipelines environment and resources
- Tekton project: Kubernetes-native CI/CD
- Tekton documentation
Report a problem or look for help
Get help fast directly from the IBM Cloud development teams by joining us on Slack.