Companies are constantly trying to keep pace with the demands of their own market and customers.
They need to modernize and transform their core business processes while keeping costs under control and resources moving. And while cloud is a tool to drive business imperatives, most enterprises have captured less than 20% of potential cloud value. So what holds them back from moving the other 80% of workloads that are crucial to their transformation? Resource and talent priorities, regulatory and compliance challenges, and data silos all contribute to a slowdown in cloud adoption.
Many of the traditional cloud service providers view public cloud as the single answer, offering a one-size-fits-all solution. We believe it's imperative to know how to use cloud not just as a tool, but as a way to drive business outcomes, working with your existing systems and understanding the unique requirements of your industry. At IBM, we'll meet you where you are on your hybrid cloud journey and build a strategy and architecture that meets your needs. We know that the transformation from on-premises to the cloud is complex, and while our competition has struggled to respond to the needs of businesses, we've redesigned our cloud to meet these challenges. It's rooted in the ability to optimize and modernize all mission critical apps and supported in a hybrid cloud deployment model—all backed by experts who know your industry and existing technology footprint.
Supporting all businesses in their journey to the cloud
Whether you are looking for a full business transformation like Coca-Cola European Partners, for transformation with SAP Applications like OSRAM, or for a 100% digital business like Banco Sabadell, IBM makes it easier to move your complex workloads to the cloud.
Even smaller companies are taking advantage of our public cloud. ESDIP Animation Studio worked with IBM Business Partner SimpleCloud to create a virtual desktop solution, based on IBM Cloud, that enabled 200 artists around the world to collaborate in real time and create a 3D animated film.
Providing security without compromises
Data security and privacy are critical to customers. The IBM public cloud is powered by the same industry-leading confidential computing security found in IBM Z®. Delivered via IBM Cloud® Hyper Protect Services, it features 'Keep Your Own Key' encryption capabilities backed by the highest level of security certification commercially available, making the IBM public cloud the industry's most secure and open public cloud for business. Customers like Daimler turned to the IBM public cloud so they didn't have to compromise on security, because they know that their data is encrypted end-to-end—at rest, in flight, and in memory. And we are the only cloud provider who can give you technical assurance that we cannot see your data.
With security built-in for developers, such as a high-velocity DevSecOps pipeline, you can increase developer productivity and accelerate time to market. IBM Cloud® is designed to help you modernize your environments with the most VM workloads with consistent high speed transfers. With IBM Cloud® Satellite™ (in beta), you can move your sensitive, mission-critical workloads, apps, and data to a secure cloud, and have access to it anywhere, anytime—from their data center, to the edge. IBM's public cloud lets you build cloud native, migrate and modernize your core mission critical workloads, and speed your time to delivery and insights, faster and more seamlessly.
Meeting the needs of highly regulated industries
For businesses concerned with compliance—especially those in highly regulated industries—IBM Cloud enables you to achieve always-on visibility into today's demanding security and compliance requirements so you can monitor and enforce compliance posture across workloads. Recently, the UK government and IBM signed a public cloud agreement to accelerate innovation across the public sector, where it's critical to modernize workloads while maintaining the highest levels of security and compliance.
The IBM Cloud for Financial Services™ shows how we're delivering on a cloud designed for maximum security and compliance, where you can host mission critical applications and workloads and transact more confidently, quickly, and efficiently. By working with Bank of America to develop industry-informed security control requirements and leveraging IBM Promontory, the global leader in financial services regulatory compliance, IBM has created a specific industry-compliant operating environment. We also have BNP Paribas and over 30 ISV partners like Intellect Design and Assima committing to this secure community.
At IBM, we believe that the vision of the future cannot be based on the paradigm of the past. We're confident that our hybrid cloud strategy, incorporating IBM’s public cloud for client workloads, will deliver the best benefits and returns for organizations, be it large enterprise, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), SaaS providers, or cloud native startups. It is your journey and your transformation, with cloud as a vehicle. IBM is here to help you make it a reality.
Learn more about what our clients are working on
- Celero signs a seven-year, multi-million-dollar agreement for hybrid cloud and data center modernization.
- Aegon signs an agreement with IBM for the servicing and administration of its individual life policies.
- CaixaBank teams with IBM to accelerate cloud transformation and innovation in the Financial Services industry.
- IBM Watson helps deliver fast and trusted information on COVID-19 for the UN SDSN Youth Philippines’ interactive dashboard.
- IBM and United States Tennis Association continue to evolve the US Open for fans, tennis players, and coaches with AI and hybrid cloud technology.
Read the latest from analysts and the press
- Nucleus Research has named IBM public cloud a leader in its 2020 IaaS value matrix.
- Howard Boville appeared on Bloomberg TV to discuss IBM’s cloud strategy and how businesses are looking to drive digital reinvention in the new normal amidst the pandemic.
- IBM Cloud was awarded a 2020 Veeam Innovation Award and voted on as the Best of Show among 2020 VIA partnership solutions.
- Forbes article on “New IBM Offering Highlights Rise of Specialty Clouds.”
- Forbes article on “IBM Cloud for Financial Services Momentum Builds with BNP Paribas and 30 ISVs.”
See the latest announcements from IBM Cloud
- More than 30 partners have joined the ecosystem for IBM Cloud for Financial Services in the past three months.
- IBM extends ecosystem by integrating the IBM Cloud Hyper Protect Services portfolio into more applications.
- IBM Cloud expands database ecosystem with new partners, such as DataStax Enterprise, EDB, and MongoDB Enterprise Server.
- IBM CloudLabs offers interactive, browser-based training for deploying and operating one free cluster on IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service for three hours.