IBM® Rational® Business Developer is designed to meet the needs of business developers, providing a simplified, highly productive, and comprehensive development environment for the EGL language. It includes tools to develop, test, and debug EGL applications and services that can be generated as Java™ or COBOL and deployed to various application servers, such as WebSphere Application Server, and enterprise environments on System z and Power Systems. EGL also simplifies development of open standards-based Web 2.0 style applications, thus providing a common language across both client and server.
Don't want to download and install Rational Business Developer on your local machine? Try it in a sandbox instead, where hands-on exercises step you through real-world scenarios. Choose from the following sandboxes:
You can explore the available purchasing options for Rational Business Developer.
To help you get started quickly and maximize your productivity with IBM Rational products, a variety of service options are available, including technical support, professional services, and instructor-led and Web-based training.
IBM Rational Business Developer is available for purchase with either authorized user (single user) or floating (concurrent user) licenses. Read a guide to selecting the licensing option that is best for you.
Tell your boss
- Enterprise Generation Language: Leveraging existing IT skills and resources for today's modern applications
- Rational Business Developer: Executive Overview
- Create and consume Web services using a simple and powerful tool (PDF)
- EGL forum
- Rational Business Developer zone on developerWorks
- Accelerate delivery of business solutions with IBM Rational Business Developer software (PDF)