IBM Works with governments around the world to encourage policies that foster innovation, protect intellectual property, and encourage use of technology to address important societal needs.
In 2012 we are focused on the following key issues:
- Encouraging balanced cybersecurity policies that help secure government and private sector IT infrastructure, while maintaining global competitiveness.
- Enabling collaboration between governments and industry in key technology areas such as high performance computing and nanotechnology.
- Promoting reform of intellectual property laws to improve patent quality and reduce unproductive litigation.
- Advancing the development and use of open standards in public sector procurements in order to foster interoperability and improve customer choice.
- Educating governments about the benefits of cloud computing and data analytics as a means to improve government efficiency and citizen services.