Finance, taxation, and corporate governance
- Protect IBM's business interests as regulations are written in the U.S. and Europe to govern use of financial derivatives, mortgage services, captive financing activity, and the service-related business activities of key clients.
- Promote tax policies/practices and regulatory efforts that promote a competitive global tax position for IBM.
- Advocate comprehensive reform of U.S. corporate tax system to improve U.S. competitiveness.
- Promote and protect R&D and innovation tax incentives in key jurisdictions worldwide.
- Drive negotiations for tax treaties that reduce tax barriers to investment and eliminate double taxation.
- Maximize government incentives for IBM investments with special attention to service delivery centers, innovation and R&D activities, and other projects with new capital and employment growth.