About AlchemyData News
Starting on April 7, 2017, it will no longer be possible to create a new instance of AlchemyAPI on Bluemix. Existing service instances will be supported until March 7, 2018. To continue using AlchemyData News features, you will need to migrate your code to Watson Discovery.
The IBM AlchemyData News API provides access to a searchable dataset of news and blogs that are continually updated. The indexed dataset that is created by the AlchemyData News service is enhanced during indexing by applying Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques and by leveraging the sophisticated metadata extraction and creation functions that are provided by the Alchemylanguage API. To quickly get started with the service, start with the Tutorial.
AlchemyData News Basic Flow
To query AlchemyData News, try out a few of the sample queries, build your own query, check the results, and then continue refining the query until you are satisfied with the results. To quickly start using the service, see the Tutorial.
- News alerting - Create powerful news alerts by taking advantage of the API's support for entities, concepts, keywords, taxonomies, and sentiment analysis to watch for both news and how it is perceived. To try out a sample news alert query, see the Tutorial.
- Event detection - Develop innovative event detection applications by leveraging the API's support for subject/action/object relationship extraction and checking for terms/actions such as "acquisition", "election results", or "IPO". To try out an example event detection query, see the Tutorial.
- Trending topics in the news - Identify popular topics and monitor increases and decreases in how frequently they (or related topics) are mentioned. To try out an example trending topics query, see the Tutorial.
Currently, English is supported.
To get started with the AlchemyData News Service:
- You can see a quick demo of the AlchemyData News Service in action. The demo lets you build a custom query and then run that query.
- Start using the AlchemyData News Service by running an example query. For a step by step guide for running a query, and then building your own custom query, see the Tutorial, and for API parameter details, see the API reference page.
- To interact with this API, use the AlchemyData News Service API explorer. Use the explorer to test your calls to the API, and to view live responses from the server.