Approved 9/24 and available in the HTTP group in the last week of September.
IBM Navigator for i is a modern web-based interface for managing and monitoring one or more IBM i instances from a single location. This modern user interface can be accessed from http://hostname:2002/Navigator.
With the 2H 2021 Navigator PTFs, IBM Navigator for i is re-created in a new framework and user interface that replaces the heritage IBM Navigator for i. This new IBM Navigator for i runs under the ADMIN1 server and by default listens on port 2002. The URL for the new Navigator is http://hostname:2002/Navigator
Getting started with Navigator:
Navigator for i is redesigned, leveraging the latest in web and IBM i data retrieval technology to create a user-centric, high-performing interface for monitoring and managing one or more IBM i systems.
To open the new Navigator after installing the PTFs, use the URL: http://hostname:2002/Navigator. Note that the additional "/Navigator" text is required and is also case sensitive. This is a change from the heritage navigator URL; not only the port number, but also the additional path is required.
To learn more about the new features within Navigator, follow these links:
- Managing Multiple IBM i Endpoint Nodes
- Security Options
- Custom Charts
Install, Service, and Reference links:
- Navigator for i PTFs
- Product Install Requirements (updated 9/8/2021)
- Service Availability and troubleshooting : solve particular errors and view general tips
- Future function enhancements list
- Browser support information & tips
Function or Area
Performance - Performance Data Investigator (PDI) and more
|Collection Services configuration|
- Investigate Monitor Metric
|Managing Multiple IBM i Endpoint Nodes|
Bookmarks and Favorites
Import & Export
Service Level Requirement:
IBM Navigator is installed as part of the IBM i operating system. It is part of SS1 option 3. The actual PTF is delivered as part of the HTTP PTF Group.
In addition, there are a number of other groups that are needed to ensure that all parts of the navigator interface function properly. For a list of these groups, see Product Install Requirements.
- Systems management: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=sys-navigator-i
- Connecting to your system: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=system-navigator-i
- Performance tools: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.4?topic=data-navigator-i
24 September 2021