July 13, 2017 | Written by: Tracy Welton
Categorized: B2B Commerce
Share this post:
Bring the Best B2C Capabilities to B2B eCommerce
80 percent of B2B buyers now expect the same buying experience as B2C customers. After experiencing quick, efficient digital purchasing on Amazon and other popular retailers, B2B customers expect the same personalized and seamless cross-channel and cross-device experiences. Is your eCommerce experience ready to deliver?
Do your customers have to work hard to buy from you? Today’s B2B eCommerce environment is shifting from manual transactions to automated self-service. When a commercial floor cleaner sells their products, for example, customers usually come back repeatedly to buy accessories, cleaning chemicals and replacement parts. If a buyer has to complete a manual order, they search through your catalog, which may contain thousands of products, to find the right one, and they may have to call a sales rep in order to complete the purchase.
Do your customers struggle to:
- Find the right product with a simple search?
- Find the right price, which takes into account their service level agreements (SLAs) or negotiated discounts?
- Find the right accessories, replacement parts, or inputs for the products they own?
- Place an order without having to email or call sales or customer service?
Make Complex B2B Sales Simple for Products and Services
B2B buyers want to search and find products fast, see accurate and customized contract pricing, quickly reorder products and services, and see their custom quotes when they log in to your site, which they can share with their purchasing department. Leading-edge brands are investing in eCommerce platform solutions that allow them to offer fully-personalized portals for their customers and partners – and stay competitive over the long term.
Today’s B2B eCommerce technologies:
- Offer a complete end-to-end solution covering everything from digital asset management to integrated quote management.
- Deliver a B2C-like experience for easy ordering, checking the status of orders in process, and the ability to conduct transactions on any device.
- Give customers and partners a personalized portal view with access to their products, warranties, manuals and related parts and inputs – including pricing and promotions – in a single view.
- Make it easy for customers to capture self-service efficiencies, whether it’s completing orders online or setting up recurring purchases to process automatically.
- Adapt to complex B2B models that may encompass purchasing under multiple contracts, with different departments and on different schedules.
Differentiate Your B2B Brand with Order Management
For B2B businesses, the most important question is: Are you keeping up with your customers? Delivering what customers want starts with building a back-end system that meets the changing dynamics of business commerce.
Order management tools are also critical, from providing streamlined order processing to optimizing the fulfillment experience. B2B brands must maintain global inventory visibility, to optimize delivery from end to end.
Ultimately, B2B brands that build their omni-channel eCommerce experience will remain competitive. In one study, 75 percent of B2B buyers would purchase again from suppliers that offered omni-channel capabilities. Lay the foundation now for long-term success, by investing in a modern B2B commerce platform that’s built on flexible APIs that will continue to deliver as buyer expectations continue to evolve. Make B2B buying effortless from quote to cash, and empower your business buyers to take control, increase margins and win sales in all channels.
Are you ready to learn more?