September 30, 2018 | Written by: René Schimmer
Share this post:
IBM Connections 6 CR3 now available for download
IBM has released “Cumulative Refresh 3”, the latest update to IBM Connections 6. CR3 centers our efforts on streamlining the user experience and providing a more contemporary UI with features focused on usability, engagement, and maintenance.
This update allows end users to find their relevant content faster than before, by remembering the last view used in Files and returning to where they left off on the next visit. The new “Recently Visited” views available in Files and on the Community Catalog page show the files and communities a user looked at most recently. This makes it easier to find things on which users are currently working.
In addition to IBM Connections CR3, the mobile app for IBM Connections has also been updated with a number of end user focused improvements – look for it on the app stores.
Here is a list of the most important enhancements in the CR3 release:
Focus on your work
- Quickly return to the Communities and Files you viewed recently.
- Instantly filter recent content in Communities and Files.
- Pick up where you left off – Files will return you to the last view where you were working.
- Simplified navigation and a full-screen option for Files make it easier for both new and experienced users to find the content they are looking for faster.
Recently viewed Files and Communities with type-ahead; rich Communities on Mobile
Increase User Adoption
- Deploy “Visual Update 1” with IBM Connections Customizer for a beautiful, modern user experience.
- Mobile Connections users have a consistent experience with the web user interface.
- Upload images and files with a consistent user experience throughout Connections.
- New filters for Metrics provide additional insights into usage activity and community health, and Metrics now allows for the import of additional historic data.
- Use the new Highlights app (preview) to engage users with easier to design, fit-to-purpose Communities.
Easier to install and customize IBM Connections
- New quick filters and the universal search capability can now be powered by Elasticsearch instead of SOLR – install it once to simplify the environment.
- Deploy “Visual Update 1” to provide a clean, modern user interface for IBM Connections and as a basis for easy customization of colors, fonts, icons, and other attributes based on the new design language for IBM Connections.
IBM Connections 6 CR3, including installation instructions, can be found now on IBM Fix Central.
The Visual Update 1 application and associated installation instructions can be found on the Solutions Catalog. For detailed information on the applied style and further enhancements provided by the Visual Update 1 application, please refer to the product page.
IBM Fix Central:
Visual Update 1 Product Page: