Release Notes for IBM Data Replication 11.4 Replication Engine for Db2 for z/OS Remote Source
Release notes for other IDR 11.4 LUW Replication Engines can be found here: Release Notes for IIDR 11.4 Replication Engines for Linux, Unix and Windows
Binaries are available on Fix Central
Bug fixes in IDR 220.127.116.11-5607 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed an issue causing bootstrap-
.jar, user-exit- .jar and kafka-engine-kcop- .jar to keep accumulating in lib folder after product upgrades
Enhancements in IDR 18.104.22.168-5603 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now supports DDL resiliency by handling DDL ADD COLUMN, ALTER COLUMN, DROP COLUMN automatically
APARs in IDR 22.214.171.124-5603 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR64071 IDR CDC FAILS WITH STATEMENT CLOSED ERROR WHILE RUNNING ADDITIONAL SQL STATEMENTS DURING REFRESH.
Bug fixes in IDR 126.96.36.199-5603 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed an issue causing an OOM error if there are large number of trace files
Enhancements in IDR 188.8.131.52-5599 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Updated the Java Virtual Machine to IBM 184.108.40.206
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5599 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR63805 UTILITY TRACE FILES ARE ALWAYS GENERATED EVEN IF GLOBAL_TRACE_UTILITY_CREATE_ON_DEMAND = TRUE IF GLOBAL TRACING WAS EVER ENABLED
- JR63847 NECCESSITYEXCEPTION "CHANGE LOG BLOCK WE ARE TRYING TO READ IS EMPTY!" IF TIMING CIRCUMSTANCES ARE UNFORTUNATE
- JR63844 NPE OR ASSUMPTION EXCEPTION IF SUBSCRIPTION IS USING SHARED SCRAPE AND STAGING STORE IS CLEARED OR DISK QUOTA EXCEEDED
- JR63848 MEMORY LEAK IF SHARED SCRAPE STAGING STORE IS CLEARED WHEN MEMORY WAS TIGHT
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5599 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed an issue causing some persistent subscriptions to restart unexpectedly after the user stopped multiple subscriptions at the same time
APARs in IDR 22.214.171.124-5596 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR63624 IDR CDC FOR DB2 FOR Z/OS REMOTE SOURCE LOG PARSER CAN STOP WITH EXCEPTION "THE ERROR VALUE IS NNNN:NNNN:NNNN"
Bug fixes in IDR 126.96.36.199-5596 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Fixed NecessityException in ChangeLogBlock on instance start up
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5594 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR63511 AUDIT WRONGLY DETECTS THAT REPLICATION ENGINE HAS MULTIPLE OFFERINGS INSTALLED
- JR63191 DMTS64 CPU USAGE GOES TO NEAR 100% WHEN LAST SUB USING SHARED SCRAPE STOPS AND BEFORE ITS LOG PARSER AND READER STOP
Bug fixes in IDR 184.108.40.206-5594 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed an issue that used to prevent a subscription from stopping as intended for an IFI306 decompression error
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5590 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR63237 LOG READER API RETURNS A DECOMPRESSION ERROR AND LOG READER STOPS
- JR63382 PARSING ERRORS CAN OCCUR IN CDC DB2Z REMOTE AFTER A DDL AND AFTER RE-ADDING THE TABLE DEFINITION IF SHARED SCRAPE IS USED
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5590 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed an issue causing SQLNonTransientConnectionException while interacting with the Db2 database that prevented persistent subscriptions from restarting after an error when shared scrape was enabled
- Addressed an issue that caused Db2 on z/OS to ABEND with reason code 00D3003B after subscription is shut down normally with shared scrape enabled
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5587 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- You can now use the JDBC driver's KeepAlive capability to stop subscriptions automatically when network problems occur between CDC agent and Db2 on z/OS
- JDBC Driver for Db2 for z/OS has been updated from 5.1.4.000288 to 5.1.4.000298
Bug fixes in IDR 126.96.36.199-5587 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed the Db2 IFI 306 ABEND with reason code 00E60863, which can occur when Db2 on z/OS ZPARM CMSTAT is set to INACTIVE, and when network problems cause connections to hang or be dropped
- Addressed an issue that caused IDR to issue rollbacks to Db2 on z/OS too frequently starting with product build 5574
Enhancements in IDR 188.8.131.52-5582 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- CDC Replication Engine for Db2 for z/OS Remote Source now handles Db2z Utility actions similar to CDC for Db2 for z/OS Native Source
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5576 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Add new system parameter " alter_table_data_capture_flag_allow_turn_off" to allow/disallow a CDC source engine to turn off data capture when the table is no longer mapped in any subscription
- The dmsupportinfo command line utility now dumps and collects configuration metadata in a text format
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5576 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62920 EXCESSIVE DIAGNOSTIC PROBES FOR TRUNCATE OF CLOB EVENTS
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5576 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now truncates LOB data precisely based on the value of the userexit_max_lob_size_kb parameter instead of exceeding the maximum size for some values
Bug fixes in IDR 22.214.171.124-5574 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Now IDR wont set query timeout for stored procedure call, if timeout is zero
Enhancements in IDR 126.96.36.199-5572 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Add a time limit to the stored procedure call and fail if timeout is exceeded
- EVENT THAT ALERTS USER THAT IDR HAS DETECTED A DDL NOW INCLUDES THE DDL TEXT IF LOGGING OF DDL STATEMENTS IS ENABLED
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5572 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62909 INCORRECT SAMPLE CONTENT WHEN ISSUING "DMEXPORTCONFIGURATION -?"
- JR62934 DMTS64 NOT RELEASING IX (EXCLUSIVE) LOCK ON SYSTABLES AFTER MAKING DATABASEMETADATA CALLS
Bug fixes in IDR 184.108.40.206-5572 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- &LIBRARY, &MEMBER and &OBJECT Journal Control Fields now evaluate to the correct values instead of an empty string when used in a derived column
- JR62973 IDR IS NOT POPULATING JCF FIELDS FOR START AND END REFRESH EVENTS WHEN USEREXIT USED
Enhancements in IDR 220.127.116.11-5570 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- The dmsupportinfo command line utility now collects trace files significantly faster
- The dmsupportinfo command line utility now collects all available trace files, performance statistics and events when you do not use the "-t" property to specify a time range
APARs in IDR 18.104.22.168-5570 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62799 MIRRORING DOES NOT ENTER FAILED STATE WHEN IT DETECTS A DDL OCCURRED ON A STATIC TABLE
- JR62787 USER GETS A DUPLICATE KEY EXCEPTION IF THEY HAVE A TABLE MAPPING WITH TWO OR MORE COLUMNS WITH A COMMENT THAT IS THE SAME FOR THE FIRST 260 CHARACTERS
Bug fixes in IDR 22.214.171.124-5570 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed a defect in the dmsupportinfo command line utility that caused trace files to be omitted during collection
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5567 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62737 CDC ERROR 9506 OCCURS AFTER A DDL EVEN WHEN ALL DDL PROCEDURES ARE FOLLOWED
Bug fixes in IDR 188.8.131.52-5567 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Fixed Array Index Out of Bounds Exception or Null Pointer Exception occurring when operation from shared scrape staging store needs a table definition that is older than the current table definition
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5566 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Java Runtime Environment updated from IBM Java 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168. Fix notes can be found at https://developer.ibm.com/javasdk/support/fixes/sdk8/
APARs in IDR 22.214.171.124-5566 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62628 INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS EXCEPTION CAN OCCUR AT DBCONNECTIONMANAGER.RELEASEMETADATASESSION()
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5563 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62451 IDR REPLICATES SOURCE DERIVED COLUMN DATA TO INCORRECT TARGET COLUMN
Enhancements in IDR 188.8.131.52-5560 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Instance-specific command line utilities now trace their parameters and an execution return code.
APARs in IDR 184.108.40.206-5560 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62160 LOG PARSER CANNOT PARSE A DML AFTER A DDL EVEN AFTER UPDATING THE TABLE DEFINITION AND REFRESHING THE TABLE
Bug fixes in IDR 220.127.116.11-5560 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now correctly maps the parameters to the error message when the table version in the log for a specific log entry is below the latest table version from the database that is caused by table structure change (DDL) applied in the past.
- IDR will no longer log excessive tracing of NonTransientConnectionException by avoiding rolling back a transaction on a database connection that has auto-commit enabled.
- dmconfigurets no longer creates two trace files when run in the command line mode.
Enhancements in IDR 18.104.22.168-5544 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- dmsupportinfo no longer collects duplicate information in the "dir.txt" support assistant file when an instance folder is inside the product installation directory.
APARs in IDR 22.214.171.124-5544 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62126 IMPROVED IDR COMMAND LINE UTILITIES PERFORMANCE BY OPTIMIZING ACCESS TO CDC SECRET STORE WHEN ENGINE-TO-ENGINE ENCRYPTION IS DISABLED, ENABLED OR REQUIRED.
- JR62158 SCHEDULED END BY TIME SOMETIMES DOESN'T WORK WHEN DB IS 100% IDLE, SHARED SCRAPE IS USED AND SUBSCRIPTION FINDS NEW OPERATIONS IN STAGING STORE AT STARTUP.
Bug fixes in IDR 126.96.36.199-5544 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Addressed replication of corrupted data in the fractional part of TIMESTAMP(p) and TIMESTAMP(p) WITH TIME ZONE where p is 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, or 11.
- Addressed the error "row already exist in index TABLE_NAMES_IDENTITY_NAME_IDX" when accessing the metadata
- Addressed intermittent "java.lang.AssertionError thread interruption is not supported" in TraceFormatter.
- Instance commands no longer create trace files in "installation_directory/log".
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5543 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR62072 IDR CAUSES DB2 ON ZOS ABEND WHEN ZPARM CMTSTAT IS INACTIVE.
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5528 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now sets the APPLICATION NAME to identify IDR database connections shown in the -DISPLAY THREAD Db2 command.
- IDR now closes some idle database connections and re-opens them as needed. The global_database_connection_idle_timeout_seconds system parameter controls how long to keep idle database connections open. Closing idle database connections before firewalls close them prevents subscriptions from stopping due to broken database connections.
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5528 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR61947 SQLNONTRANSIENTCONNECTIONEXCEPTION IN LOG PARSER WHEN PARSING FIRST CHANGES FOR TWO TABLES SEPARATED BY MORE THAN IDTHTOIN SECS
- JR61901 INVALID SUBTYPE FOR CHARACTER DATA: UNKNOWN ON TABLE ORGINALLY CREATED IN DB2 6 WITH SYSIBM.SYSCOLUMNS.FOREIGNKEY BLANK
- JR61841 ERROR REFRESHING A TABLE WITH A LONG COLUMN COMMENT: "AN UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED"
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5528 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now detects the correct Db2 12 version when ZPARM DDF_COMPATIBILITY includes IDNTFY_V12_PRIOR_VER.
- IDR automatically recovers an erroneous metadata state that could cause lead to "An error has occurred. Possible recovery steps: Please try again. If the error persists, if possible restart the IBM Data Replication instance and try again. Internal error information: Agent Message 'Message3036' Exception text 'null'"
- Improved reliability when global_subscription_level_connection_keep_alive_seconds is set to a non-zero value.
- IDR now uses a different method to manipulate metadata table TABLE_NAMES_IDENTITY that is expected to prevent metadata corruption involving this table. This corruption could lead to the inability to use a table mapping or even delete it.
- Addressed intermittent EOFException and SocketException when running command line utilities under stress.
- Addressed intermittent EOFException reported by Agent Reader thread when using command line utilities.
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5522 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now reports a clear error message when the user is missing the MONITOR2 system privilege.
- IDR now provides samples for granting privileges and for configuring and testing the external stored procedure.
- IDR issues an improved error message when dmconfigurets is run with non-Administrator privileges in Windows Server 2016
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5522 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR61803 IIDR FAILS WITH ERROR TOO MANY OPEN FILE DESCRIPTOR WHEN MULTIPLE INSTANCES ARE RUNNING FROM SAME INSTALLATION BECAUSE OF FILE DESCRIPTOR LEAK.
Bug fixes in IDR 188.8.131.52-5522 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Resolved missing error message when failing to obtain a valid head of log position. This prevents getting "Log position 00000000000000000000 is not a valid starting position for reading the transaction log."
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5512 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IDR now supports Dovetailed Co:Z SFTP server, even when Dovetailed Co:Z SFTP server is configured to transfer files in text mode by default.
- IDR now supports preconfiguration of the external stored procedure. If the external stored procedure for the current product version has already been installed correctly, then it will not be reinstalled.
- IDR now supports configuring an instance with one user that has the privileges to install the external stored procedure and then reconfiguring the instance with a different user that lacks the privileges to install the stored procedure. This allows IDR to run with the minimum privileges needed for replication, without the privileges needed for installation.
- IDR now allows manual installation of the external stored procedure.
- IIDR now supports always encrypting communication with TLS, without negotiation. This feature may be enabled by setting Engine-to-Engine Communication Encryption to Always in the encryption profile. When this feature is enabled, IIDR will not be able to communicate with source datastores, target datastores, or Access Servers that negotiate encryption through STARTTLS.
- IDR no longer raises an error event if it cannot extract primary index information for a table from the database
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5512 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR61637 CDC STILL TAKES VALUES IN BYTES AFTER CHANGING SYSTEM PARAMETER USEREXIT_MAX_LOB_SIZE_KB UNLESS THE INSTANCE IS RESTARTED
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5512 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- Resolved replication stops with IFI error code 8 reason code 00E60866 after upgrading to IDR 22.214.171.124-5506.
- Trace can now be collected reliably using support assistant in concurrent invocations.
- Addressed differential refresh failing when order of columns in primary key differs from order returned by JDBC
Enhancements in IDR 126.96.36.199-5507 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- dmsupportinfo command line utility collects replication product traces using an optimized algorithm to speed up data collection
Enhancements in IDR 188.8.131.52-5506 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IIDR now supports Turkish EBCDIC CCSID 1026.
- The log reader now commits periodically to avoid holding Db2 locks indefinitely. A new parameter, mirror_log_read_commit_interval_seconds, is available to configure the log reader commit interval.
- IDR CDC product binaries are signed with a new signing service and with an updated certificate with expiry date "Wed Jun 30 08:00:00 2021"
- IIDR now supports dmcreateencryptionprofile for creating encryption profiles.
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5503 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- IIDR for Db2 for z/OS remote source now supports WLM environments and data sets containing at (@), hash (#) and dollar ($) characters.
- Prior product libraries found in
/lib are deleted when upgrading product binaries before new libraries are dropped on disk. All jar files with names similar to those installed with the product will be deleted.
- IIDR now supports the option of requiring TLS encryption for all connections from Access Server and other datastores.
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5503 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- JR61380 "ARITHMETICEXCEPTION DIVIDE BY 0" IS THROWN WHEN ONLY DERIVED COLUMN ARE SET FOR REPLICATION
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5503 for Db2 for z/OS remote source
- The GUI configuration tool now preserves the user prefix when it prompts for the database password.
27 September 2021