What makes for a leadership position in customer solutions? It really comes down to sharing a strategic vision and the ability to deliver on it so customers can solve their business problems – successfully, every day.
Gartner just released the 2014 Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Campaign Management, and, for the third year in a row, IBM is ranked as leader. Additionally, IBM is positioned with significant distance between it and the nearest other ranked vendors. Let’s examine the key differentiators for IBM ExperienceOne that led Adam Sarner and team at Gartner to this positioning.
- Gartner suggests IBM ExperienceOne for organizations with a strategic need for omnichannel marketing. Given the need for all marketers to engage in a dialog with their customers with the right offer, in the right channel and in context, IBM is positioned to win in the market.
- IBM is clearly recognized for its proven on-premise and cloud options that provide the breadth and depth of capabilities needed for true multichannel campaign management, leaving the deployment decision to the customer, and the specific business needs.
- The complementary solutions from IBM’s Digital Marketing Partner Network expand the capabilities of ExperienceOne and further solidify IBM’s leading position in the marketplace.
- There is a caution by Gartner regarding IBM’s social and mobile vision. I believe, the assessment requires a deep dive into IBM’s Social Business and MobileFirst initiatives that both drive IBM’s strategy and vision, and also provide tangible benefits for IBM ExperienceOne customers.
- The research and survey for this Magic Quadrant was conducted immediately prior to IBM’s acquisition of Silverpop. Consequently, Silverpop’s strengths and capabilities were not included in IBM’s survey responses. However, these capabilities even further strengthen IBM’s position in behavioral marketing, SaaS-based delivery of marketing capabilities, and offerings to the midmarket in both B2B and B2C contexts.
This adds to the great momentum for IBM ExperienceOne and extends the list of positive responses and leadership positions in 21 major analyst reports released since 2012.
Share this post: