July 29, 2019 | Written by: Kevin Gray
Categorized: Sales Performance Management
Share this post:
I like to learn, network, meet new people with similar interests – who doesn’t? I especially like to learn about sales incentive compensation and how to improve sales performance. However, there are very few conferences to attend that focuses on the field of sales compensation. That’s why I always look forward to attending the annual WorldatWork: Spotlight on Sales Comp 2019 conference. This year, the conference will be hosted in Chicago at the Chicago River North hotel between Monday, August 19th and Wednesday, August 21st. I’ve been attending this conference for several years, and I can tell you that if you are in a role to manage sales commissions, bonuses, and sales performance, you should not miss this event.
IBM is proud to be one of the sponsors of the conference. There are very few events focused on specifically sales incentive compensation as well as sales performance management.” The team at WorldatWork have been hosting this conference for several years and do a fantastic job. IBM has been a sponsor since its inception and I’ve seen it grow from a small event with less than one hundred people to an event that attracts over 400 sales and compensation leaders from all over. There really is no event like it.
When you first arrive, the WorldatWork folks greet and welcome you with high energy and excitement. You immediately feel like you’re going to have some fun, meet new people and most importantly learn about new topics that you can take back to the office to apply and better incentivize sales personnel and improve sales performance.
There are several speakers that are simply experts in sales compensation both from a thought leadership and technology perspective. Some of my favorite speakers on the agenda this year include:
- Michelle Seger, Global Sales Strategy and Change Management Leader, and Mark Donnolo, Managing Partner, SalesGlobe
- Chad Albrecht, CSCP Principal, ZS Associates
- Ron Burke, Director, Sales Effectiveness and Rewards, Willis Towers Watson
- Robert Blohm, Senior Vice President, Sales and Alliances, OpenSymmetry
- Donya Rose, CSCP, Managing Principal, The Cygnal Group
- Noah Bass, CEO, WorkCentive
- David Cichelli, CSCP, Senior Vice President, The Alexander Group Inc.
Easily engage with IBM and get the most out of the conference
In this blog, I wanted to help you get prepared at the conference by highlighting some of the activities that will be taking place and how you can engage with us to learn more about IBM Sales Performance Management. Mark your conference calendars and be sure to meet with us at the event.
- Reception: IBM and SalesGlobe have partnered with WorldatWork as sponsors of the conference reception and we have some surprises that will be fun and engaging for you this year. Think Al Capone, Chicago, and gangsters.
Monday, August 19th between 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Round Table Session: Start with compensation design, move to implementation, followed by technology go-live and adoption. This session will be co-delivered with SalesGlobe, OpenSymmetry and IBM. You’ll learn how you can ensure success on a new approach to comp design, best practices and tips to avoid during your implementation, and how IBM Incentive Compensation Management can help your organization. It’s an open discussion so bring your questions.
Monday, August 19th between 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Breakout Session: More time. Better Data. Faster Decisions. Yes!
Tuesday, August 20th between 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Solution Demonstrations: We’ll have technical solution architects to demonstrate the IBM Incentive Compensation Management solution including the sales rep dashboards and reports, how the solution is configured using the Data Discovery Dashboard to uncover actionable insights, how Ask Watson Inquiries (AWI) can give you 30% of your time back by handling inquiries from the sales team, Rapid Reports to get up and running quickly, and more.
Stop by Booth #2 and let’s talk about your challenges in sales compensation and sales performance. Enter to win one of two great giveaways.
Anytime that is convenient for you over the three days. We’ll be available.
- Dinner: You are invited to dinner on us at The Little Goat. Don’t miss out. This is one of the finest and famous restaurants in Chicago.
Tuesday, August 20th – reservations are for 6:30 p.m. Experience food like never before.
- Scheduled Meetings: We understand that it is going to be three busy days for you, so your time is important. Schedule a meeting with us to meet one-on-one to dive deeper into our solution and discuss how we can help your sales organization improve the bottom line.