The following new features and enhancements are available in version 18.104.22.168:
- Added a configuration wizard for clean installations. With this wizard, you can configure IBM AD servers, databases, and components, without the need to manually update the configuration files. For more information, see topic Configuring with the IBM AD Configuration Wizard.
- Updated the user interface and functionality of IBM AD Configuration Server to support monitoring service components and configuring advanced settings.
- Enhanced the build performance.
- When using a single instance of IBM AD Build Client, parallel synchronize processes are supported. You can split a huge project into multiple smaller projects, and then build the projects at the same time to reduce the total build time.
- Build selection and make processes now run in bulk. A database transaction is performed for each file type, instead of each file.
- Enhanced IBM AD Audit Service.
- Enhanced the Cross Applications Callgraph. After the Cross Applications Callgraph is generated, the "Showing internal callgraph" option, which can be performed on one or more selected projects, is available.
- Enhanced the Job Callgraph. When a JCL job uses the SASSTRLR tool to run the CA7 DEMAND and RUN commands to call another job, the call is collected by the JCL compiler. This type of calls can be shown in the Job Callgraph.
- Supported setting the source file encoding in IBM AD File Service. For more information, see Configuring IBM AD File Service topics.
- To eliminate false negative results, added the option to exclude components from the Missing Components Report.
- Enhanced PL/I support by supporting more SQL keywords and fixing compiler bugs.
The following new features and enhancements are available in version 22.214.171.124:
- Supported interdependency calls across projects, showing dynamic calls, static calls, and all the calls to IBM utilities such as CBLTDLI, AIBTDLI, or BMPTDLI.
- Supported program calls across different projects within the Eclipse plug-in of IBM AD Analyze Client.
- Supported the configuration of the project resolutions that are displayed in the Cross Applications Callgraph by configuring the parameters in the conf.yaml file. For more information, see step 1.10 in topic Configuring IBM AD Cross Applications Service.
- Supported receiving parameter values from PARM attributes when a JCL call to an API program is converted into calls to other programs. For more information, see case 2 in topic JCL Call Extensibility Examples.
- Supported exporting the paths for programs and program dependencies that are used to generate AD graphs. For more information, see the Export Paths section in topic Graphical Analysis Overview.
- Supported manual resolution mechanism for macro ATTACH, macro ATTACHX, and statements LINK, LINKX, XCTL, and XCTLX.
- Supported automatic folder creation for both zOS Cobol and Cobol IDMS when you create a project and select both the Relational and IDMS database types.
- Supported adding multiple projects into one Db2 database.
- Enhanced the impact analysis report by supporting string literals. For more information, see topic Impact Analysis Report.
- Enhanced support for selecting files and folders in IBM AD Build.
- When you add files to a folder of a project, in the Add Files dialog box, the path of the last files that are added to the project is remembered and opened. If you close a project, when it is reopened, the path is reset to project_path\file_type_folder.
- When you open the Browse for Folder dialog box, the current selection is the last path that is displayed in the Search Paths Order dialog box.
- Enhanced support for the Add Files function and the Synchronize Members function in IBM AD Build. When adding files or mainframe members, if the limit of 40000 files or members is reached, extra virtual folders are created at the project's level. For more information, see topics Adding Files to Project Folders and Synchronize Mainframe Members.
- Enhanced support for exploring the BMS map list. In the Explore projects tab, to differentiate maps with the same name in different map sets, map names are suffixed with map set names.
- Enhanced support for the Audit service.
- Added date time pickers for easier start date and end date selection.
- Added table pagination to enhance the performance when dealing with large sets of data.
- Fixed some issues to ensure support for downloading data as a CSV file in Internet Explorer.
- Added a new component IBM ADDI Extension. For more information, see IBM ADDI Extension User Guide.
- Removed IBM AD Web Services User Guide, and integrated the installation and configuration instructions of IBM AD Web Services into IBM AD Installation and Configuration Guide.
The following new features and enhancements are available in version 126.96.36.199:
- Added new functions to IBM AD Mainframe Projects Service and IBM AD File Service. Starting with V188.8.131.52, the access to file content is controlled through IBM AD Mainframe Projects Service and IBM AD File Service. No matter IBM AD is configured with or without authentication, make sure that IBM AD File Service is up and running.
- Supported TLS connection between IBM AD Build and IBM AD Connect for Mainframe. For more information, see topic Enabling TLS Connection between IBM AD Build and IBM AD Connect for Mainframe in IBM AD Connect for Mainframe Configuration Guide and IBM AD Build User Guide.
- Supported more file types, which are CICS CSD, AAUTO, DBD, and IMS PSB, when the Make option is used to build the modified files in IBM AD Build.
- Enhanced support for the Add Files function and the Synchronize Members function in IBM AD Build. When adding files or mainframe members, if the limit of 40000 files or members is reached, log file AddFilesToProject.log is created in path <installation_folder>\bin\release\Log\<project_name>. This log file contains a name list of the remaining files or members, which are not added.
- Extended support for the Cross Applications Callgraph.
- The Cross Applications Callgraph can be expanded at the program level. Calls between programs can be shown.
- From the Cross Applications Callgraph, source can be opened at the line where the CALL statement is in the editor.
- Analysis can be conducted on one or more programs from a project.
- Extended support for the Control-M Graph. Control-M XML files can be automatically retrieved from Control-M Enterprise Manager by using IBM AD Build Configuration. For more information, see topic Configuring the z/OS Connection in IBM AD Build User Guide.
- Extended support for COBOL version 6.1. The syntax of the following statements is supported: ALLOCATE, FREE, INITIALIZE, and JSON GENERATE.
- Extended support for COBOL version 5.2. The syntax of the following statements is supported: EXIT PARAGRAPH, EXIT PERFORM, EXIT SECTION, and a new format of the SORT statement, which is the table SORT statement that arranges table elements in a user-specific sequence.
- Enhanced support for COBOL version 4.2 and earlier.
- Added support for the syntax for interfacing from COBOL to JAVA. Paragraphs CLASS-ID and METHOD-ID are supported. Statements REPOSITORY and INVOKE are supported.
- Extended support for the GROUP-USAGE NATIONAL clause.
The following new features and enhancements are available in version 184.108.40.206:
- Added the following services. When you install IBM® AD with the IBM ADDI installer, the new services are silently installed.
- IBM AD Cross Applications Service
- IBM AD Mainframe Projects Service
- Added the Cross Applications callgraph.
- Added the Control-M flow graph.
- Extended support for COBOL version 5.1.
- Supported the UNBOUNDED keyword in variable-length tables or groups' declarations.
- Supported inline comments by using
*> as the string delimiter.
- Handled the new CALLINTERFACE directive.
- Enhanced data definition with the WHEN SET TO FALSE option.
- Enhanced support for the Natural language.
- Supported keywords as identifiers for the READ BY statement.
- Supported the statement reference in the FOR statement.
- Supported forward slash (/) characters in identifier names.
- Enhanced support for the keywords that are used as variable names.
- In the reporting mode, ensured that the processing loop can be closed by the END statement.
- Resolved an issue when you search in files in IBM AD Analyze Client. If the local path is not set in the conf.yaml file, the code that matches the searched pattern can still be displayed.
- Resolved the PL/I preprocessor syntax error that is caused by the MACRO procedure parameter.
The following new features and enhancements are available in version 220.127.116.11:
- Added the following components. When you install IBM AD with the IBM ADDI installer, you can select the Authentication Server (DEX) check box on the Select Installation Components page to install this component. The other three new services are silently installed.
- IBM AD File Service
- IBM AD Manual Resolutions Service
- IBM AD Search Service
- Authentication Server (DEX)
- Supported a complete vision of applications by visualizing copybooks and programs that are shared by multiple projects.
- Supported adding annotation information through the resolution JSON file or utility by using the logical file name.
- Added an option to limit access to manual resolutions for only authenticated users.
- Enhanced the support for the EXEC DLI statement in subprograms with parameters from main COBOL programs.
- Enhanced the support for the following IMS DB field types:
- The key-sequenced field
- The search field
- Improved the dynamic resolution mechanism that is used by the assembler compiler to resolve branches and dynamic-referred programs.
- Improved the dynamic variable resolution mechanism to support analyzing more resources without source code modification.
- Improved the resolver behavior when an error occurs on a resolution.
- Modified the Annotations page to improve user experience.
- Changed the Baseline Applications field to the ChangeMan ZMF Applications field for the ChangeMan ZMF configuration in IBM AD Build Configuration.
The following new features and enhancements are available in version 18.104.22.168:
- Supported the EXEC DLI statement in subprograms with parameters from main COBOL programs.
- Moved the IMS DB Environment setting from the project level to the folder level.
- Supported creating the Db2 repository and annotation databases by using DDL scripts.
- Supported CICS data retrieval by IBM AD Build Client through IBM AD Connect for Mainframe for non-APF-authorized CICS load libraries.
- Fixed and improved the dynamic calls resolution mechanism.
- Supported cleaning up the accidentally corrupted IBM AD projects.
- Enabled the zNPS Survey for user feedback in IBM AD Analyze Client that is installed in IBM Developer for z Systems.
- Upgraded the graph database version from V2.1.5 to V2.1.25.
The following new features and enhancements are available in version 22.214.171.124:
- Added the Business Rules Discovery (BRD) feature. With this new feature enabled, you can save the data that is used to define business rules in IBM Application Delivery Intelligence for IBM Z.
- Enhanced the extensibility feature:
o Added the mapping between generic transactions and programs.
o Supported mapping JCL jobs to programs through API.
o Supported adding annotations for the resolutions that come from extensibility API calls.
o Supported updating API resolutions on demand.
- Supported PSB mapping with programs.
- Supported using command line to retrieve operational information. You can configure retrieval operations for multiple projects in an INI file, and run a single command to retrieve the information.
- Enhanced the COBOL compiler to support modifying variable references by using reference modification statements like MOVE.
- Enhanced the PL/I preprocessor to support analyzing the PL/I applications that leverage preprocessor facilities.
- Improved IBM AD Batch Server:
o Optimized the memory usage in IBM AD Batch Server.
o Simplified the configuration. IBM AD Batch Server now reads the settings that are related to annotations, audit, or graph database connection from IBM AD Configuration Server.
- Simplified the configuration of the audit service. IBM AD Batch Server and IBM AD Build Client now read the audit settings from IBM AD Configuration Server.
- Simplified the configuration of the settings that are related to the annotation database. You can specify a custom name for an annotation database and the database server, where the annotation database is hosted.
- Improved the performance on the Db2 repository database.
- Visually improved the graphs that are displayed in IBM AD Analyze Client.
- Fixed multiple issues on the assembler “where used” reports.
- Supported Linux for System z servers.
- Incrementally supported the import for CA7 scheduler data.
- Integrated with IBM CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS.
- Ensured compatibility with the Photon Eclipse version.