The new IBM z15 signals a major shift in IBM Z processor and system design by including extensive on-chip data compression. Co-locating compression with its processor promises numerous benefits, including:
- Substantially reducing the amount of data (the size of files) that are being transferred intersystem or over networks
- Speeding overall throughput over storage and communications networks
- Reducing the amount of data that has to be encrypted/decrypted (saving systems overhead)
- Allowing more data to remain on line or in the cloud (due to smaller file sizes)
- Help reduce storage costs (making the purchase of advanced storage arrays and Flash Memory more affordable than ever before.)
Download this Clabby Analytics report to learn more about how enterprise data compression on the IBM z15 enables pervasive encryption and leads to dramatic improvements in security processing speed.