Inefficiencies, manual processing errors, and other bottlenecks create operational challenges for most companies.
A hyperautomation journey promises to help eliminate and improve these issues across the enterprise, letting people focus on what they do best.
When deciding what types of work to automate, it can be difficult to figure out where to start. The first step is to gain a clear understanding of how your business operates. This will show how work really flows, where time is spent, and where there are bottlenecks, helping you determine the real ROI of automating tasks and processes using robotic process automation (RPA) and other automation technologies.
We believe selecting the right platform is also central to an enterprise’s future performance, and it can help simplify this work and drive innovation enterprise-wide. To achieve this, the chosen platform should combine artificial intelligence (AI) with discovery, RPA, and other technology tools.
Process mining and your hyperautomation journey
Process and task mining are the key to unlocking the value of hyperautomation by using historical data to dive deep into the business, create process maps, and identify where automation will help create the greatest impact for your enterprise.
For customers like Italy’s Credem Bank, myInvenio’s process mining with the IBM Cloud Pak® for Automation held the crucial first step to their hyperautomation journey, which has been essential in making operations more resilient by automating and streamlining their processes. As a result, Credem Bank analyzed more than 50 processes, with plans to scale up to 400.
With process mining, you can do the following:
- Discover end-to-end processes using existing data to provide a clear picture of your as-is state.
- Determine which activities are creating bottlenecks and, by automating, will yield the greatest process time improvements.
- Simulate proposed automation initiatives to calculate projected ROI.
- Monitor and measure proposed changes and automation activities with a continuous improvement cycle.
IBM offers a full-service hyperautomation platform
IBM is collaborating with myInvenio to integrate process and task mining technology as part of the IBM Cloud Pak for Automation, beginning December 2020.
IBM now offers an end-to-end hyperautomation platform combining leading automation technologies — process mining, RPA, automated decisions, workflow and document management — with AI and machine learning. This addition expands customer value, creating a holistic insight and issue handling platform.
Integrating process mining capabilities into the IBM Cloud Pak for Automation enables enterprises to enhance operational processes in the following ways:
- Pinpoint activities that should be automated (e.g., by an RPA bot).
- Use BPMN diagrams from process mining to start documenting to-be processes in BlueWorks Live.
- Import BPMN diagrams from process mining into workflow as a skeleton automated workflow.
- Use BAI operational data store as input into process mining to analyze improvements in processes that emit BAI events.
- Wrap AI around mining results and use machine learning to identify patterns and suggested next steps.
By embracing discovery, diagnosis, and decisioning with tools such as process and task mining — especially when integrated in an end-to-end hyperautomation solution — your business is primed to complete the hyperautomation journey.
To learn more about the benefits of integrating a full-service hyperautomation solution into your enterprise, register for the webinar “3 steps to hyperautomation success,” featuring Credem Bank.