Performance Data Investigator (PDI) is available in the re-created IBM Navigator for i.
This document is your guide to the new interface and PDI functions within it for the first release 2H2021.
- Investigate Data
- Manage Collections
- Collection Services Configuration
- Graph History
- The location of the shipped PML files has changed. For information on custom perspectives and packages, see PML files in New Navigator
- Select and deselect packages to change the list of the perspectives shown
- Hover over a perspective to view the location hierarchy information
- The columns can be customized by the triple-dot icon on the right of the column headers
- The Full SQL can be displayed and copied. The alias information is provided in comments within the SQL to help you create the correct aliases to run the query successfully.
- This page functions as the full search feature by providing every field to search (SQL, metrics & views list, titles)
- The selected fields of the table are saved in your preferences. So when you return to Investigate Data after launching to a chart, they are restored.
- Data to Collect
- System Monitor Data
- Historical Data
- The status is shown here on the configuration panel
- Stop, start, or cycle the Collector from this panel
- View all properties for Collection Services in one place with the Properties button
- The predefined profiles display the list of categories that are collected by each setting when selected
- When selecting a custom profile, you can start with a predefined profile so no important metrics are missed
- Configure each metric to the custom intervals
- Option to turn on system monitor collection is now on this tab with other settings for System Monitors
- System Monitor retention settings are also found here
- The default system monitor categories setting provides a list of what is collected for default settings
- Customized collection intervals are easy to change
- "Reset System monitor Collection Interval" can quickly return the system collection intervals back to the default settings without the manual steps that were required previously.
- Turn off system monitoring
- Set collection frequency for all system monitor categories back to one minute
- Optionally cycle the collector to have this change take effect immediately
- Option to turn on historical data collection is now on this tab with other settings for historical data
- Set the collection interval as well as detail data top contributors all in one place
- Historical data retention settings are also found here with other configuration settings for historical data
Was this topic helpful?
25 February 2022