The Performance Data Investigator packages group perspectives (charts and tables) for one collection or purpose.
Use the Search Function to find a perspective by database field or name.
See also Functions & Enhancements
If you have custom packages or perspectives, The way these files are shipped with PDI has changed. See PML Packages for New Navigator
|Package||Folder or Category||Perspective Names (highlights, not all inclusive)||Requirements|
|General Health Indicators||
System Resources Health Indicators
Disk Reads and Writes Detail contains the following views:
|Memory||Memory Pool Activity Levels|
|Collection Services Database Files||QAPMCONF|
|Monitors||System Monitors||7.2 and later only - Comes with the IBM i base OS|
||7.3 and later only - Comes with the IBM i base OS|
(7.2 and earlier require 5770PT1 Option 1 - Manager Feature)
|Job Watcher||Storage Allocation||
(7.2 and earlier Require Performance Tools LPP (5770PT1) Option 3 - Job Watcher)
Waits - All Waits by Thread or Task Sorted by Non-idle Waits
|Release||Collection Services||Job Watcher||Disk Watcher||PEX||Historical Data|
- For PDI, we removed the use of INNER in some of our queries to fix this problem.
- Another approach is to change it to "INNER" (with delimiters) or change to some other name.
- To have the query work on a system that doesn't have the enhancement that caused this change, you might need to leave something at this spot in the query. Changing OUTER to simply O works on all releases.
Additional Perspectives (PML):
- In March 2020 to fix the drilldowns from the first two perspectives
- In Jan 2020 for the Db2 changes that required the "OUTER" keyword to be changed to "O".
- The SSD Analysis Overview perspective provides a high-level overview of the relative likeliness for SSDs to provide a performance improvement.
- Disk Read Time depicts average read response time for the selected collection.
- Disk Read Time by Job and Task is a table showing a subset of the information available for the jobs running during the collection.
Was this topic helpful?
22 September 2022