IBM i Access Client Solutions provides a Java based, platform-independent interface that runs on most operating systems that support Java, including Linux, Mac, and Windows™. IBM i Access Client Solutions consolidates the most commonly used tasks for managing your IBM i into one simplified location. The latest version of IBM i Access Client Solutions is available to customers with an IBM i software maintenance contract.
- 5250 display and printer emulation based on IBM's Host-on-Demand
- 5250 Session Manager support modeled after IBM Personal Communications Session Manager
- Multiple language support for concurrent 5250 emulation sessions on the same client
- Data Transfer similar to IBM i Access for Windows Data Transfer plus support for OpenDocument spreadsheet (*.ods), Excel Workbook (*.xlsx), and other file formats
- Data Transfer integration with Excel and OpenOffice
- Simplified SSL Configuration
- Download and viewing of spool files
- IBM i Virtual Control Panel for LAN and HMC consoles
- 5250 emulation for LAN and HMC consoles
- Consolidation of hardware management interface configurations, including ASMI, IVM, and HMC
IBM i Access Client Solutions uses the same IBM i host servers as the other IBM i Access Family products and requires the same IBM i Access Family license (XW1) in order to use the 5250 emulation and Data Transfer features.
An IBM i Access Family license is required to use 5250 and Data Transfer.
The latest updates are available at IBM i Access Client Solutions base package.
Optional platform-specific packages
IBM i Access Client Solutions - Windows Application Package for Windows operating systems.
>> Readme (TXT, 24KB)
These optional packages are only available for download on the Entitled Systems Support (ESS). Additional information on downloading these packages from ESS is available in IBM i Access Client Solutions.
Get insights and support
Get help today and learn more about product support options.
Explore technical topics and join the community.
The Knowledge Center
Find answers quickly in official IBM product documentation.
25 February 2020