IBM i Access is the most recognized software brand in the world for IBM i customers. IBM i Access provides business users with a friendly environment of easy-to-use features to increase productivity, and at the same time reduce the need for support and training.
- Products for Linux, Mac, and Windows as well as for browsers and mobile devices
- Use out of the box, no programming necessary
- Easy access to all IBM i applications and data anywhere in the network
- Middleware for desktop applications for accessing IBM i resources
- Designed for central administration and management
- 5250 emulation to run host applications
- Ability to easily work with database information, printers, printer output, Integrated File System, data message queues and job queues, and commands
- Desktop-to-host communication is secure and can be deployed through your organization's existing network security, firewalls, and virtual private networks (VPNs). Additionally, use embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to further encrypt connections.
- IBM i Access adapts to the highest level of security set up on your system since it relies on IBM i user profile settings to determine what users may access
- IBM i Enterprise Identity Mapping (EIM) provides a way to map authenticated WebSphere user identities and Kerberos tickets to specific IBM i user profiles. Since IBM i Access supports these technologies, end users can enjoy the ease of providing a single identity to the network and not be burdened with repeated sign-on screens and multiple user names and passwords.
The entire focus of IBM i Access is to deliver the strengths and capabilities of IBM i to the desktop through easy-to-use screens and wizards.
IBM i Access Client Solutions
Java-based solution that runs on Linux, Mac and Windows and can be deployed to a single location on the network and shared by multiple users providing a single location to update for all users.
IBM i Access for Web / Mobile
Web-based solution enables desktop and mobile device users to connect to IBM i through their browsers.
IBM i Access for Windows
Effective April 30, 2019, IBM i Access for Windows is no longer supported.
Frequently asked questions
Support statements, service dates
Technical support, service
Get insights and support
Get help today and learn more about product support options.
Explore technical topics and join the community.
The Knowledge Center
Find answers quickly in official IBM product documentation.
03 November 2020