Release Notes for IBM Data Replication 11.4 Replication Engine for Db2 LUW
Release notes for other IDR 11.4 LUW Replication Engines can be found here: Release Notes for IIDR 11.4 Replication Engines for Linux, Unix and Windows
Binaries are available on Fix Central
APARs in IDR 184.108.40.206-5629 for Db2 LUW
- JR64572 NO WARNING EVENT WHEN CHARACTER DATA IS TRUNCATED
Enhancements in IDR 220.127.116.11-5627 for Db2 LUW
- Parallel Apply is now allowed with Adaptive Apply
APARs in IDR 18.104.22.168-5627 for Db2 LUW
- JR64736 WARNING 9700 CAN OCCUR AND DUPLICATE OPERATIONS APPLIED IF A SUBSCRIPTION IS USING SHARED SCRAPE AND STAGING STORE IS CLEARED
Bug fixes in IDR 22.214.171.124-5627 for Db2 LUW
- Fixed Mirror Bulk Apply failure with Event 9715 when binary datatype is treated incorrectly as character datatype leading to incorrect external table column definition
Enhancements in IDR 126.96.36.199-5625 for Db2 LUW
- IDR NOW TRACES DDL BEFORE PARSING IT AND CHECK FOR DUPLICATE RENAMED COLUMN NAMES
- InstallAnywhere VM pack for CDC engine installer updated to Java 188.8.131.52
- IDR added a new command line utility "dmimportuserconfiguration" to help automate creation of multiple product instances with user configured values
APARs in IDR 184.108.40.206-5625 for Db2 LUW
- JR64571 LOG READER HANDLING FOR CREATE PARTITION DDL IS SLOW AND GENERATES EXCESSIVE TRACE LINES
- JR64618 DMTS64 PROCESS IS TAKING A LONGER TIME TO START
Bug fixes in IDR 220.127.116.11-5625 for Db2 LUW
- Fixed possible "duplicate key" or "row does not exist" error when replication key is being updated with ParallelizeSingleTableByHash fast apply algorithm
Enhancements in IDR 18.104.22.168-5622 for Db2 LUW
- Java Runtime Environment updated from IBM Java 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199. Fix notes can be found at https://developer.ibm.com/javasdk/support/fixes/sdk8/ . This resolves IJ35231 - Missing byte when retrieving LOB data from database.
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5618 for Db2 LUW
- JR64485 ADDRESSED ILLEGALARGUMENTEXCEPTION EMPTY KEY ERROR ISSUED DURING UPGRADE FOR SUBSCRIPTION ALERT HANDLERS CONFIGURED WITHOUT A SENDER EMAIL AND PASSWORD
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5616 for Db2 LUW
- Added slf4j-api-2.0.0-alpha5.jar, slf4j-jdk14-2.0.0-alpha5.jar
- No longer bundle log4j-1.2.17.jar, slf4j-api-1.7.26.jar, slf4j-log4j12-1.7.26.jar dependencies
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5611 for Db2 LUW
- JR64335 OUTOFMEMORY OCCURS WHEN TLS ENCRYPTION IS ENABLED AND MANY AGENT CONNECTIONS ARE MADE TO THE INSTANCE
Enhancements in IDR 18.104.22.168-5609 for Db2 LUW
- Truncate is now supported for parallel Mirror Bulk Apply when commitment control is off
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5607 for Db2 LUW
- IDR now maintains the order of operations for a particular primary key when using Live Audit with mirror bulk apply
Bug fixes in IDR 126.96.36.199-5607 for Db2 LUW
- Addressed an issue causing bootstrap-
.jar, user-exit- .jar and kafka-engine-kcop- .jar to keep accumulating in lib folder after product upgrades
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5603 for Db2 LUW
- JR64071 IDR CDC FAILS WITH STATEMENT CLOSED ERROR WHILE RUNNING ADDITIONAL SQL STATEMENTS DURING REFRESH.
Bug fixes in IDR 184.108.40.206-5603 for Db2 LUW
- Addressed an issue causing an OOM error if there are large number of trace files
Enhancements in IDR 220.127.116.11-5599 for Db2 LUW
- Updated the Java Virtual Machine to IBM 18.104.22.168
APARs in IDR 22.214.171.124-5599 for Db2 LUW
- JR63805 UTILITY TRACE FILES ARE ALWAYS GENERATED EVEN IF GLOBAL_TRACE_UTILITY_CREATE_ON_DEMAND = TRUE IF GLOBAL TRACING WAS EVER ENABLED
- JR63847 NECCESSITYEXCEPTION "CHANGE LOG BLOCK WE ARE TRYING TO READ IS EMPTY!" IF TIMING CIRCUMSTANCES ARE UNFORTUNATE
- JR63844 NPE OR ASSUMPTION EXCEPTION IF SUBSCRIPTION IS USING SHARED SCRAPE AND STAGING STORE IS CLEARED OR DISK QUOTA EXCEEDED
- JR63848 MEMORY LEAK IF SHARED SCRAPE STAGING STORE IS CLEARED WHEN MEMORY WAS TIGHT
Bug fixes in IDR 126.96.36.199-5599 for Db2 LUW
- Addressed an issue causing some persistent subscriptions to restart unexpectedly after the user stopped multiple subscriptions at the same time
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5596 for Db2 LUW
- JR63644 DB2 INSTANCE CREATION FAILS WHEN FASTLOAD OPTION IS NOT SELECTED FOR REFRESH
Bug fixes in IDR 184.108.40.206-5596 for Db2 LUW
- Fixed NecessityException in ChangeLogBlock on instance start up
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5594 for Db2 LUW
- JR63140 IDR DB2WH CAN FAIL WITH "EXECUTE BULK APPLY STATEMENT THREAD HAS NOT EXECUTED THE STATEMENT WE SENT IT AFTER 60000 MILLISECONDS"
- JR63511 AUDIT WRONGLY DETECTS THAT REPLICATION ENGINE HAS MULTIPLE OFFERINGS INSTALLED
- JR63191 DMTS64 CPU USAGE GOES TO NEAR 100% WHEN LAST SUB USING SHARED SCRAPE STOPS AND BEFORE ITS LOG PARSER AND READER STOP
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5590 for Db2 LUW
- JR63346 IDR now supports Fastload Refresh for Live Audit mapping
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5576 for Db2 LUW
- Add new system parameter " alter_table_data_capture_flag_allow_turn_off" to allow/disallow a CDC source engine to turn off data capture when the table is no longer mapped in any subscription
- The dmsupportinfo command line utility now dumps and collects configuration metadata in a text format
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5576 for Db2 LUW
- JR62920 EXCESSIVE DIAGNOSTIC PROBES FOR TRUNCATE OF CLOB EVENTS
Bug fixes in IDR 188.8.131.52-5576 for Db2 LUW
- IDR now truncates LOB data precisely based on the value of the userexit_max_lob_size_kb parameter instead of exceeding the maximum size for some values
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5572 for Db2 LUW
- IDR SOMETIMES NOT DETECTING DROP AND RECREATE TABLE DDL
- EVENT THAT ALERTS USER THAT IDR HAS DETECTED A DDL NOW INCLUDES THE DDL TEXT IF LOGGING OF DDL STATEMENTS IS ENABLED
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5572 for Db2 LUW
- JR62953 MIRROR BULK APPLY CAN FAIL APPLYING AN UPDATE IF "MINIMIZENETWORKLOAD" IS SET FOR A TABLE
- JR62909 INCORRECT SAMPLE CONTENT WHEN ISSUING "DMEXPORTCONFIGURATION -?"
- JR62934 DMTS64 NOT RELEASING IX (EXCLUSIVE) LOCK ON SYSTABLES AFTER MAKING DATABASEMETADATA CALLS
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5572 for Db2 LUW
- &LIBRARY, &MEMBER and &OBJECT Journal Control Fields now evaluate to the correct values instead of an empty string when used in a derived column
- JR62973 IDR IS NOT POPULATING JCF FIELDS FOR START AND END REFRESH EVENTS WHEN USEREXIT USED
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5570 for Db2 LUW
- The dmsupportinfo command line utility now collects trace files significantly faster
- The dmsupportinfo command line utility now collects all available trace files, performance statistics and events when you do not use the "-t" property to specify a time range
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5570 for Db2 LUW
- JR62800 DMSHOWLOGDEPENDENCY RETURNS INCORRECT LRI VALUE RESULTING IN NO DEPENDENT LOG FILES BEING FOUND FOR DB2 LUW 10.5.9 AND LATER.
- JR62871 REPORT PRIMARY INDEXES PROPERLY FOR CHCCLP LIST TABLE INDEXES COMMAND
- JR62799 MIRRORING DOES NOT ENTER FAILED STATE WHEN IT DETECTS A DDL OCCURRED ON A STATIC TABLE
- JR62787 USER GETS A DUPLICATE KEY EXCEPTION IF THEY HAVE A TABLE MAPPING WITH TWO OR MORE COLUMNS WITH A COMMENT THAT IS THE SAME FOR THE FIRST 260 CHARACTERS
Bug fixes in IDR 188.8.131.52-5570 for Db2 LUW
- Addressed a defect in the dmsupportinfo command line utility that caused trace files to be omitted during collection
APARs in IDR 184.108.40.206-5567 for Db2 LUW
- JR62737 CDC ERROR 9506 OCCURS AFTER A DDL EVEN WHEN ALL DDL PROCEDURES ARE FOLLOWED
Bug fixes in IDR 220.127.116.11-5567 for Db2 LUW
- CDC can hang when applying a Db2 Warehouse delete using Mirror Bulk Apply if the target table is empty
- Fixed Array Index Out of Bounds Exception or Null Pointer Exception occurring when operation from shared scrape staging store needs a table definition that is older than the current table definition
Enhancements in IDR 18.104.22.168-5566 for Db2 LUW
- Java Runtime Environment updated from IBM Java 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199. Fix notes can be found at https://developer.ibm.com/javasdk/support/fixes/sdk8/
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5566 for Db2 LUW
- JR62549 REFRESH FAILS USING FASTLOAD WHEN SCHEMA LEVEL BACKUP FEATURE ENABLED IN DB2WAREHOUSE
- JR62477 SUBSEQUENT DML AFTER A DB2 ALTER TABLE RENAME COLUMN OPERATION IS REPLICATED STILL USES OLD COLUMN NAME
- JR62628 INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS EXCEPTION CAN OCCUR AT DBCONNECTIONMANAGER.RELEASEMETADATASESSION()
APARs in IDR 184.108.40.206-5563 for Db2 LUW
- JR62469 REFRESH FAILS USING FASTLOAD WHEN TARGET TABLE CONTAINS IMPLICITLY HIDDEN RANDOM_DISTRIBUTION_KEY COLUMN
- JR62454 IDR OPERATIONS ARE NO LONGER LOST ON A TABLE PARTITIONED ON MORE THAN ONE DPF NODE
- JR62455 IDR SCRAPEDTABLECONTEXTSTORAGE ASSUMES AN INTERVAL EXISTS FOR AL L JOURNALS WHICH CAN RESULT IN AN ARRAYINDEXOUTOFBOUNDSEXCEPTION
- JR62451 IDR REPLICATES SOURCE DERIVED COLUMN DATA TO INCORRECT TARGET COLUMN
Enhancements in IDR 220.127.116.11-5560 for Db2 LUW
- Instance-specific command line utilities now trace their parameters and an execution return code.
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5560 for Db2 LUW
- IDR will no longer log excessive tracing of NonTransientConnectionException by avoiding rolling back a transaction on a database connection that has auto-commit enabled.
- dmconfigurets no longer creates two trace files when run in the command line mode.
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5544 for Db2 LUW
- dmsupportinfo no longer collects duplicate information in the "dir.txt" support assistant file when an instance folder is inside the product installation directory.
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5544 for Db2 LUW
- JR62126 IMPROVED IDR COMMAND LINE UTILITIES PERFORMANCE BY OPTIMIZING ACCESS TO CDC SECRET STORE WHEN ENGINE-TO-ENGINE ENCRYPTION IS DISABLED, ENABLED OR REQUIRED.
- JR62158 SCHEDULED END BY TIME SOMETIMES DOESN'T WORK WHEN DB IS 100% IDLE, SHARED SCRAPE IS USED AND SUBSCRIPTION FINDS NEW OPERATIONS IN STAGING STORE AT STARTUP.
Bug fixes in IDR 188.8.131.52-5544 for Db2 LUW
- Addressed 'Table was created, but history has no knowledge of its schema' error during mirroring when the replication product processes a create table DDL and no rule based table mappings had previously been created in any subscription
- Addressed the error "row already exist in index TABLE_NAMES_IDENTITY_NAME_IDX" when accessing the metadata
- Addressed intermittent "java.lang.AssertionError thread interruption is not supported" in TraceFormatter.
- Instance commands no longer create trace files in "installation_directory/log".
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5528 for Db2 LUW
- IDR now closes some idle database connections and re-opens them as needed. The global_database_connection_idle_timeout_seconds system parameter controls how long to keep idle database connections open. Closing idle database connections before firewalls close them prevents subscriptions from stopping due to broken database connections.
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5528 for Db2 LUW
- JR62021 CDC DB2 WAREHOUSE MIRROR BULK APPLY (MBA) INSERT WOULD FAIL IF THE TARGET TABLE HAS GRAPHIC OR VARGRAPHIC COLUMNS.
- JR61841 ERROR REFRESHING A TABLE WITH A LONG COLUMN COMMENT: "AN UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED"
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5528 for Db2 LUW
- IDR automatically recovers an erroneous metadata state that could cause lead to "An error has occurred. Possible recovery steps: Please try again. If the error persists, if possible restart the IBM Data Replication instance and try again. Internal error information: Agent Message 'Message3036' Exception text 'null'"
- Improved reliability when global_subscription_level_connection_keep_alive_seconds is set to a non-zero value.
- IDR now uses a different method to manipulate metadata table TABLE_NAMES_IDENTITY that is expected to prevent metadata corruption involving this table. This corruption could lead to the inability to use a table mapping or even delete it.
- Addressed intermittent EOFException and SocketException when running command line utilities under stress.
- Addressed intermittent EOFException reported by Agent Reader thread when using command line utilities.
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5522 for Db2 LUW
- The engine now supports database alias being different from the database name
- IDR issues an improved error message when dmconfigurets is run with non-Administrator privileges in Windows Server 2016
APARs in IDR 126.96.36.199-5522 for Db2 LUW
- JR61803 IIDR FAILS WITH ERROR TOO MANY OPEN FILE DESCRIPTOR WHEN MULTIPLE INSTANCES ARE RUNNING FROM SAME INSTALLATION BECAUSE OF FILE DESCRIPTOR LEAK.
APARs in IDR 188.8.131.52-5521 for Db2 LUW
- JR61769 IDR FOR DB2LUW MAY FAIL ON TARGET APPLY WITH ERROR SQLCODE -805 (TOO MANY OPEN STATEMENTS) WHEN REPLICATING DECFLOAT COLUMNS THAT HAVE SPECIAL VALUES
Enhancements in IDR 184.108.40.206-5512 for Db2 LUW
- IIDR now supports always encrypting communication with TLS, without negotiation. This feature may be enabled by setting Engine-to-Engine Communication Encryption to Always in the encryption profile. When this feature is enabled, IIDR will not be able to communicate with source datastores, target datastores, or Access Servers that negotiate encryption through STARTTLS.
- IDR no longer raises an error event if it cannot extract primary index information for a table from the database
APARs in IDR 220.127.116.11-5512 for Db2 LUW
- JR61637 CDC STILL TAKES VALUES IN BYTES AFTER CHANGING SYSTEM PARAMETER USEREXIT_MAX_LOB_SIZE_KB UNLESS THE INSTANCE IS RESTARTED
Bug fixes in IDR 18.104.22.168-5512 for Db2 LUW
- Trace can now be collected reliably using support assistant in concurrent invocations.
- Addressed differential refresh failing when order of columns in primary key differs from order returned by JDBC
Enhancements in IDR 22.214.171.124-5507 for Db2 LUW
- dmsupportinfo command line utility collects replication product traces using an optimized algorithm to speed up data collection
Enhancements in IDR 126.96.36.199-5506 for Db2 LUW
- IDR CDC product binaries are signed with a new signing service and with an updated certificate with expiry date "Wed Jun 30 08:00:00 2021"
- IIDR now supports dmcreateencryptionprofile for creating encryption profiles.
Enhancements in IDR 188.8.131.52-5503 for Db2 LUW
- Prior product libraries found in
/lib are deleted when upgrading product binaries before new libraries are dropped on disk. All jar files with names similar to those installed with the product will be deleted.
- IIDR now supports the option of requiring TLS encryption for all connections from Access Server and other datastores.
APARs in IDR 184.108.40.206-5503 for Db2 LUW
05 May 2022