Quick Start Guide
Quick Start Guide
This document describes a quick and simple way to install IBM® Cloud Application Business Insights.
National Language Version: To get the Quick Start Guide in other languages, print the language-specific PDF from the software media.
IBM Cloud Application Business Insights Licensed Materials - Property of IBM. © Copyright IBM Corp. 2021. US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
IBM, the IBM logo, and ibm.com® are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the web at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml).
About this task
Use IBM Cloud Application Business Insights to create and deploy dashboards that connect to different data sources. You can share your business dashboards with line-of-business managers, DevOps, and Operation teams to analyze key metrics.
You can schedule the dashboards to run at a specific time and send them as an email attachment to anyone in your organization to be viewed offline. The key components of Cloud Application Business Insights are Dashboard Designer, Engine, and Connector.
Dashboard Designer is a web-based, dashboard builder, software application. Engine is a web-based, dashboard visualization, software application. With the built-in connector framework, data extraction from IBM products and other products for creation of consolidated dashboards becomes simple.
Currently, you can install the Cloud Application Business Insights application on premises alone.
- Access the software and documentation
Evaluate the hardware and system configuration
Currently, Cloud Application Business Insights is supported on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® version 8.x (x86-64), and on IBM Power® (LE) 64-bit version 8.x and later versions.
Installation and configuration
- Install the single image available for on-premises installation. All the default components that
are required for the application such as WebSphere® Application
Server Liberty, PostgreSQL database, and
all the Connectors are installed.
For more information, see Installing on premises.
- Install IBM Cloud Pak® for Multicloud Management - Monitoring Data Collector only if you want to connect to Monitoring data sources. See Installing the IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management - Monitoring Data Collector.
- Install the single image available for on-premises installation. All the default components that are required for the application such as WebSphere® Application Server Liberty, PostgreSQL database, and all the Connectors are installed.
After you install Cloud Application Business Insights, the application administrators can complete the following steps:
- Configure the authentication service with OpenID Connect (OIDC) or LDAP registry. See Securing the Cloud Application Business Insights application in WebSphere Application Server Liberty.
- Configure the Connector Sources that can be used to connect to the required data sources. See Configuring Connectors and Sources.
- Create users and assign roles to them. See User administration.
- Update username and password in the basic-registry.xml file. For more information, see Adding or modifying user information in registry.
- Configure the HTTP headers only if you want to embed an external website or web application in Cloud Application Business Insights. See Configuring IFrames to embed external applications in Cloud Application Business Insights.
- Use Dashboard Designer to create and
publish dashboards to Engine. The
Cloud Application Business Insights users can do
these tasks based on the user roles that are assigned to them.
For information about Dashboard Designer, see Managing the Dashboard Designer tool.
- Use Engine to view the
published dashboards and to schedule dashboard reports.
For information about Engine, see Managing the Engine user interface.
What to do next
For information about Cloud Application Business Insights, see IBM Cloud Application Business Insights on IBM Documentation
For setting chart properties, see Setting Chart Properties topic on IBM Support.