As of April 17, 2023, the ability to deploy IBM MQ on Cloud queue managers in the IBM Cloud Sydney region is deprecated.
The IBM MQ on Cloud service will continue to be fully supported in the following alternative IBM Cloud and AWS data center locations:
- IBM Cloud Frankfurt (eu-de)
- IBM Cloud Dallas (us-south)
- IBM Cloud London (eu-gb)
- IBM Cloud Washington DC (us-east)
- AWS US East 1 (North Virginia)
- AWS EU West 1 (Ireland)
How do I move my existing Sydney queue manager to an alternative region?
You can easily re-create your queue manager in any of the alternative supported regions by following these steps:
- Use the
dmpmqcfgcommand to dump MQ queue manager configuration.
- Create a new queue manager instance in your chosen alternative location.
- Reapply the saved configuration to the new queue manager.
- Reconnect your applications to the new queue manager.
Queue managers cannot be directly migrated and must be deleted and re-created.
What if I want to continue using IBM MQ in the Sydney data center?
There are a couple of options to continue using IBM MQ in the Sydney data center:
- IBM MQ software managed by IBM Expert Labs (speak to your IBM seller about this)
- IBM MQ software hosted on IBM Cloud IaaS/PaaS (e.g., Virtual Server, ROKS)
What are the important dates?
Please note the following dates:
- May 17, 2023 – End of Marketing: From this date, new Sydney queue managers can no longer to be created and the option will be removed from the Catalog. Existing Sydney queue managers continue to be supported until the End of Support date.
- June 17, 2023 – End of Support: From this date, all Sydney queue managers will cease to work, and all data will be deleted. If you wish to continue using the IBM MQ on Cloud service, please ensure that you re-create your queue manager using one of the provided alternative options.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you can always reach out to us through IBM Cloud Support.
Learn more about IBM MQ on Cloud.
Follow IBM Cloud
Be the first to hear about news, product updates, and innovation from IBM Cloud.Email subscribeRSS