Question & Answer
What is IBM® Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition and IBM® Z ChatOps and how do I download these components?
This portal contains the latest information about IBM Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition and IBM Z ChatOps which are two offerings that are available as electronic downloads for users of the following product suites:
5698-AAF: IBM Z Service Management Suite 1.x
5698-014: IBM Z Service Management Suite 2.x
5698-SA1: IBM Z Service Automation Suite
5698-B66: IBM Z Monitoring Suite
IBM Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition is a web-based systems management console that consolidates mainframe management information and tasks from disparate sources into a single environment.
IBM Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition includes the following components:
Service Management Unite Automation: For integration of IBM Z System Automation and IBM Z NetView
Service Management Unite Performance Management: For integration of IBM OMEGAMON
Service Management Unite Workload Scheduler: For integration of IBM Z Workload Scheduler
IBM Z ChatOps enables ChatOps for IBM Z environments
IBM Z ChatOps provides an intelligent chatbot that gives users access to information from Z systems management tools, such as IBM Z System Automation, IBM Z NetView, and IBM OMEGAMON, directly into Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Mattermost. Easily notify the IT operations team in the chat tool about alerts from IBM Z applications. IBM Z ChatOps leverages and integrates with Service Management Unite for a broad access to systems management data and to enable chat users to drill down into web-based dashboards with additional information.
With Z ChatOps, accelerate incident resolution and enable collaborative problem isolation and faster onboarding of next-gen IBM Z operators.
IBM Service Management Unite software downloads are available on the following url: http://ibm.biz/smu-ee-download
IBM Z ChatOps software downloads are available on the following url: http://ibm.biz/zchatops-download
To access the download link you will need your IBM customer ID and password as well as the access key.
You can find your access key through Shopz as follows:
- Log-in to Shopz with your IBM customer ID and place a software order for one of the product suites that contain Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition (e.g. 5698-AAF - IBM Z Mgmt Suite)
- When the order is fulfilled, it appears under "My orders". Select the order from there.
- In the section CD/DVD Images and Other Licensed Material, select the link "Download to your workstation using HTTPS"
- You now see a list of CD/DVD images (*.iso files). Here you will find the docker images for Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps as well as the CD images that contain the PDF documents with the access key information.
- Download the following CD images to your workstation to locate the access key information:
- Access Key for Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition: CD titled "Accessing IBM Service Management Unite".
- Access Key for Z ChatOps: CD titled "Memo - Accessing IBM Z ChatOps on IWM".
- Once you have downloaded the CD images (iso files), access/mount the iso image and look at the image content. Each CD image contains a PDF document that has download instructions as well as the access key needed to access the download page.
If you have problems finding the access key information through Shopz, you can also contact IBM support or the firstname.lastname@example.org email ID. Please include your IBM customer and contact info when emailing IBM.
On the download pages, download the packages depending on your needs:
- To run it in a container environment, download the pre-installed Docker image.
- To install its components separately by yourself, download the native installation package.
For more details about the installation and usage of Service Management Unite, refer to the product documentation:
For more details about the installation and usage of IBM Z ChatOps, refer to the product documentation:
On March 18, 2022, new releases of Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps have been published:
Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps support integration with many different backend products such as IBM Z System Automation, IBM Z NetView, IBM OMEGAMON, IBM Z Workload Scheduler, and Zowe™.
To integrate automation domains that are managed by IBM Z System Automation into Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps, you need to configure the End-to-End adapter included in IBM Z System Automation. Read the quick startup guide here.
Supported backend versions
Fixes to Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps will be delivered based on the latest supported version through the download pages of Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps (see above). Following are the supported versions of Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps and the corresponding supported backend product versions:
IBM Service Management Unite 1.1.9.x / IBM Z ChatOps 1.1.2.x:
- IBM Z® System Automation V4.2 or later
- IBM Z NetView® V6.3 or later
- IBM Tivoli® Monitoring V6.3 fix pack 6 or later
- IBM OMEGAMON® for z/OS® V5.5 or IBM Z OMEGAMON Monitor for z/OS V5.6
- IBM OMEGAMON for CICS® on z/OS V5.5
- IBM OMEGAMON for IMS on z/OS V5.5
- IBM OMEGAMON for Messaging on z/OS V7.5
- IBM OMEGAMON for Networks on z/OS V5.5 or IBM Z OMEGAMON Network Monitor V5.6
- IBM Z OMEGAMON for JVM V5.5
- IBM OMEGAMON for Storage on z/OS V5.5
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2® Performance Expert on z/OS 5.4
- IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager Agent for WebSphere Applications V7.2.0 IF5 or later
- Dynamic Workload Console V9.5 or later
- IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS V9.5 or later
IBM Service Management Unite 1.1.8.x:
- IBM System Automation for z/OS V4.1, with APAR OA58444 installed or IBM Z® System Automation V4.2
- IBM NetView for z/OS V6.2.1 (for base support of System Automation dashboards)
- ITM 6.3 FP6 level, or later.
- Tivoli® Composite Application Manager Agent for WebSphere Applications V7.2.0 IF5, or later
- IBM OMEGAMON® for Storage on z/OS® V5.4.0, or later
- IBM OMEGAMON for JVM on z/OS (OMEGAMON for JVM) , V5.4.0 or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS® on z/OS V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2® PE and PM on z/OS V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS V7.3.0, or later.
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS V5.3.0 with PTF UA80391 Fix Pack, 5.3.0-TIV-KM5-FP0003, or later
- IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on Mainframe Networks V5.3.0, or later
- IBM Operations Analytics - Log Analysis V1.3.2
- Dynamic Workload Console V9.5 or later
- IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS V9.3 or later
Feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
Was this topic helpful?
18 March 2022