AJS was delivered with Navigator starting at Q4 PTFs of 2022 and now continues to update with each quarterly PTF.
- Note that Data Library update is not yet supported on the GUI. This can be done using command SETDLJS
- Job Controls/Applications
- Data Libraries
- Systems & Groups
- Scheduled Jobs - most implemented
- List Items: New, Reset Scheduled Jobs, & Properties
- Job Items
- Only Resource Dependencies needs work - can view but not yet change
- Job Groups - General & Schedule
- Activity Log - Properties & Activity Log
- Escalation Lists
- Report Distribution Lists
- Advanced Job Scheduler Properties specific tabs yet to be completed
- Schedules, Library Lists, Command variables, Permissions, Users, Calendars
- Output Queue Monitors
- With this PTF for AJS server side: SI83469 (included in HTTP group PTF update June 2023) AJS will support processing of Set ASP Group when enabled.
- There are two flags that can be set in the data area described in the Answer Text. One that causes AJS to start doing the SETASPGRP for a data library in an ASP group other than *SYSBAS when accessing 5250 screens. And the other flag will do a SETASPGRP for a data library in an ASP group other than *SYSBAS when using the GUI.
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(QUSRIJS/QIJSPM (255 1)) VALUE('1')
*CURRENT for the Initial ASP Group in the Properties of a Data Library within the Advanced Job Scheduler is the equivalent to *SYSBAS.
This feature only affects all 5250 emulation screens for the Advanced Job Scheduler. This should eliminate error messages and allow AJS screens to funciton normally when accessing a Data Library with an Initial ASP Group value other than *CURRENT.
NOTE: In case the job/session had previously set an ASP group to a different iASP, the Advanced Job Scheduler will not set it back to the previous ASP group. The iASP set by the Advanced Job Scheduler will stay active until job/session ends or until another iASP is set.
IBM Navigator for i GUI:
AJS can automatically process the Set ASP Group (SETASPGRP) command for the iASP associated with a Data Library for GUI data retrieval and updates, if the Data Library's Initial ASP Group value is not (*CURRENT). *CURRENT for the Initial ASP Group in the Properties of a Data Library within the Advanced Job Scheduler is the equivalent to *SYSBAS. This new feature must be turned on using the Change Data Area (CHGDTAARA) command below.
This feature only affects GUI data retrieval and updates for the Advanced Job Scheduler.
NOTE: The iASP set by the Advanced Job Scheduler in the GUI server job will stay active until another iASP is set.
To turn this feature on do the following:
CHGDTAARA DTAARA(QUSRIJS/QIJSPM (256 1)) VALUE('1')
Was this topic helpful?
07 September 2023