IBM i 7.3 - TR10 Enhancements
|IBM i 7.3 -
Enhancements timed with
Technology Refresh 10 (TR10)
IBM i Anywhere
IBM i Everywhere
Note: The announcement materials for IBM i 7.3 TR10 can be found here.
The remainder of this landing page intends to make it easy to see the supporting detail for these enhancements.
Db2 for i Enhancements
IBM i Services (new)
- QSYS2.QCMDEXC (scalar function)
IBM i Services (enhanced)
- QSYS2.SYSDISKSTAT (table function)
- QSYS2.SYSDISKSTAT (view)
- Alerts for IBM i System Limits
Db2 for i - Services (new)
Db2 for i - Services (enhanced)
Hardware and Firmware
BRMS for i (5770-BR1)
BRMS for IBM i 7.3 and later has several enhancements.
- New SQL services that provide similar views of BRMS log information as those provided by the DSPLOGBRM command.
- BRMS network sync job improves performance by reducing the number of journal entries processed.
- Improved cloud support for Network Installations using Network File Systems.
- Integrated support for full system backups using IBM i iSCSI supported devices.
For BRMS IBM i 7.3, these enhancements are available with PTF SI74478.
PowerHA SystemMirror for i (5770-HAS)
In this technology refresh, PowerHA a SystemMirror for i brings a new set of enhancements centered around switchover, automation, and simplification.
PowerHA continues to provide simple and easy switchovers. The latest enhancements provide simplified node selection with automated recovery domain management.
The integration of IBM FlashSystem® FlashCopy technologies are enhanced with integrated automation to simplify FlashCopy operations. Previously, FlashCopy operations required externally developed tools and scripts that performed multi-node operations.
PowerHA SystemMirror for IBM i 7.3 offers the following additional enhancements, including:
- Continued simplified management of PowerHA with interactive prompting
- Additional simplified commands that provide contextual F4 prompt options that are optimized for a specific environment and configuration.
For more information on these enhancements and to get started, see the IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for i wiki page.
The PowerHA enhancements will be available on June 25, 2021.
15 April 2021