The DISPLAY_JOURNAL table function returns information about journal entries. It returns information similar to what is returned by the Display Journal (DSPJRN) CL command and the Retrieve Journal Entries (QjoRetrieveJournalEntries) API.
Enhanced with IBM i 7.4 SF99704 Level 10 and IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 22:
- The OBJECT_NAME optional parameter for filtering is extended from a single object name to up to 300 object names
- Remaining (46) audit journal entry types generated in Syslog format (100% coverage of Audit Journal entries)
- Syslog format is returned for Journal Code U - User-Generated Entries
- The JOB input parameter is enhanced to accept 'job-number/job-user/job-name' style.
Enhanced with IBM i 7.4 SF99704 Level 7 and IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 18
- 22 additional audit journal entry types generated in Syslog format
Enhanced with IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 7 and IBM i 7.2 SF99702 Level 19
- Callers can optionally direct Db2 for i to generate the result data in Syslog format
Enhanced with IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 3 and IBM i 7.2 SF99702 Level 14
- RCAC and Field procedures are applied when querying DISPLAY_JOURNAL and the related file has active RCAC or Field procedures.
Enhanced with IBM i 7.3 and IBM i 7.2 SF99702 Level 11
- New optional input parameters are added to control the ending point for a journal query.
05 October 2020