Your Software Subscription and Support (S&S) enables you to download Fixpacks and iFixes. This includes obtaining timely critical security vulnerability fixes. In 2021 WebSphere Application Server (WAS) & Liberty will enforce S&S entitlement checks in order to access FixCentral downloads & the Installation Manager Online Repository.
Use this technote to ensure you can access WAS and Liberty maintenance fixes for your company. Downloading Fixes will be available to individuals whose company has current S&S license covering WAS/Liberty and is enrolled as an authorized user by your company.
- Critical security vulnerabilities,
- WAS/Liberty SDK maintenance,
- Fixes from both FixCentral and the Installation Manager Online Repository.
Downloading fixes requires the following two items
- IBM ID
- Authorization for WAS/Liberty technical support and fixes under your company's S&S or other applicable software support agreements.
How to obtain the IBM ID and authorization for WAS/Liberty product fixes?
- IBM ID - you probably already have an IBM ID if you previously worked with IBM Support or downloaded fixes. If you do not have an IBM ID you can request one when you try to do any of the following:
- Log into IBM community,
- Open a Support case,
- Download a fix,
- Request authorization for WAS/Liberty technical support or
- Click this link.
- Authorization for WAS/Liberty technical support and downloading fixes.
- Go to the FixCentral page under the Entitlement tab here.
- Refer to section "Support Registration" to register for authorization and obtain assistance if needed.
Downloading WebSphere and Liberty fixes will require entitled authorization per the following table as new fixes are published.
All new WAS and Liberty iFixes
|March 2021||WebSphere 184.108.40.206|
|April 2021||Previous fixes for all Versions WAS/Liberty|
- How will I know I am authorized to download WAS/Liberty fixes?
- Once you log into the Support Registration you will see your list of authorized IBM Customer numbers (ICN). This is half way down the page under "Existing access (0) Pending access requests (0)".
- If ICN is listed, then click on the ICN to see list of authorized products for that ICN.
- If there are no ICNs listed then you will need to request access for an ICN at top of the form.
- If WAS/Liberty is entitled by a IBM stack product such as BPM, will I be able to obtain fixes?
- Yes, as long as your have current S&S for the stack product that provided WAS in the same License.
- If WAS/Liberty is entitled by a Partner/Vendor with a non-IBM stack product, will I be able to obtain fixes?
- Yes and No, you must have active S&S through IBM to obtain fixes from IBM.
- If you are entitled to WAS/Liberty through a vendor that bundles WAS you must obtain fixes and support from the vendor.
- Who grants me authorization once I submit the request for my ICN?
- Granting authorization to users is managed by your company. Once you request authorization, your company's administrator or their designated member will grant or deny that access.
- If I can open WAS/Liberty support cases today, does that mean I will have access to download fixes in 2021?
- Not necessarily. Currently our entitlement check for opening support cases is not product specific, we only check that you have active entitlement for one or more products when opening a support case. It is possible you have access to support via any IBM product but in order to download fixes for WAS/Liberty you will need to pass product level entitlement checking for the particular fix you are downloading.
16 February 2021