Use the IBM Monitoring and Diagnostics Tools to monitor Java™ applications, and to gather and analyze data from those applications, to help diagnose problems and tune runtime processes.
Note that Health Center is packaged with, and supported on, versions of the IBM Developer Kit up to version 8. It is not currently available in the IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 11.
Monitors the status of a running application to help you to:
- Optimize application performance
- Improve application stability and uptime
- Reduce system resource usage
- Reduce the time to resolve problems
- Drive down development and maintenance costs
Get started by downloading the Health Center client.
Garbage Collection and Memory Visualizer
Note that GCMV is available as is. There is no further support or future development.
Analyzes output from garbage collection logs to:
- Visualize the memory usage and garbage collection activity of your application
- Provide recommendations for tuning your application
Post Mortem analysis tools
IBM Diagnostic Tool Framework for Java
The Diagnostic Tool Framework for Java (DTFJ) is a Java application programming interface (API) that can be used to build Java diagnostics tools.
IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, version 8 includes DTFJ, which is part of the Eclipse OpenJ9 VM.