The heritage Navigator is no longer configured by default with the latest HTTP group PTFs. The ADMIN2 server will be started by default (again) with the June 2023 PTFs.
The heritage Navigator is stabilized and no longer supported.
If you have a requirement to access the heritage Navigator, follow the instructions on this page.
Note: Heritage Navigator is used at your own risk. Only start for a limited time.
- With the latest HTTP group PTFs, ADMIN2 will be started, but heritage Navigator will not be configured or started. The manual steps to modify the configuration of heritage Navigator are located here.
- With the June 2023 PTF, ADMIN2 will be started and you can then access the LDAP interface.
For more information, see the IBM i security bulletin found at https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6539162.
While enabled, port 2001 or 2010 redirects to the new Navigator for i, so for heritage navigator for i you will need to type the URL for heritage Navigator for i. The links for heritage Navigator for i are:
- Manage tab
- Application Servers sub tab
- From the Server selection list, select 'ADMIN2 -V8.5 (int app svr)'
- Click the 'Properties' action in the left navigation area under the Server Properties category
- Select 'False' for the Disable server field
- Click Save
- Select 'True' for the Disable server field
- Click Save
- Click the Green Start icon to start the ADMIN2 server
- Click the Red Stop icon to end the ADMIN2 server
Once the ADMIN2 server is ended, you will want to end the heritage Navigator Monitor Server. This can be done with the following command:
CALL PGM(QSYSDIR/QINAVMNSRV) PARM(*STOP)
Alternatively you can run WRKACTJOB JOB(QINAVMNSRV), then type '4' to end all the monitor jobs.
Was this topic helpful?
13 June 2023