Clear Browser Cache with new PTFs
Clearing your web browser cache is important with most new Navigator for i PTFs. If the browser contains a cached image or data for a system connection, it could bring that up instead of pulling in the new. At some point cached data gets swapped out as needed. So not clearing your cache can result in indeterminate results.
Instructions on clearing cache change with browser versions. For best results, search for the most update cache clearing instructions for your browser and version.
- Mozilla instructions How to clear the Firefox cache
- Options-> Advanced tab
- Under Cached Web Content select Clear Now
- Chrome https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en
Problem with logon page not processing input user profile and password
Description of problem:
- You access the logon.jsp page
- start at http://<system>:2001
- reroutes to http://<system>:2004/ibm/console/logon.jsp
- Input your name and password
- When you press "Log in", the fields are cleared and the logon page is redrawn blank, not allowing you to log in.
cookie LtpaToken2 exists for both the domain and system name. The conflict affects the authentication between browser and server.
- Use the system IP address instead of system name:
- Remove LtpaToken2 for domain (i.e. ibm.com)
Was this topic helpful?
21 January 2020