Detailed System Requirements
This document provides access to the detailed system requirements (DSR) for the supported operating systems, hardware and software requirements, and other related information for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) 5.4, CICS TS Value Unit Edition (VUE) 5.4, and CICS TS Developer Trial 5.4.
The following are direct links to the reports for CICS TS V5.4 products:
- CICS TS V5.4 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS TS Value Unit Edition V5.4 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS TS Developer Trial V5.4 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS TS Build Toolkit V5.4 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
- CICS Explorer V5.4 Software Product Compatibility Reports - detailed system requirements
High-level programming languages
The Language Environment (LE) version provided with z/OS V2.1 and above is required to support COBOL, PL/I, C/C++, Assembler, and Java™.
For a list of supported and out of service high-level programming languages and compilers, see the High-level language support topic in the CICS TS V5.4 product documentation.
If you intend to connect a CICS TS V5.4 CICSPlex System Manager Address Space (CMAS) to a previous version of CICS TS CMAS, you need to apply the PTF(s) for the following APAR(s) to each downlevel environment.
The PTF(s) from the following APAR(s) are also required if you intend to use CICS HTTP event processing (EP) Adapters to emit events consumable by the Decision Server Insights component of IBM Operational Decision Manager in a CICS TS V5.4 MAS.
CICS Explorer V5.4 or later is required for CICS TS V5.4.
CICS TS V5.4 product documentation in the IBM Knowledge Center
The product documentation for CICS TS V5.4 is part of IBM Knowledge Center.
- Ensure that the latest levels of service are applied to each IBM product listed in the Software Compatibility Product Reports. In some cases, a specific version of a product might be required to take advantage of new function in CICS TS V5.4.
- The CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Developer Trial V5.4 is intended as a try-before-you-buy version of the full CICS TS V5.4 product. CICS TS Developer Trial V5.4 is free of charge and for evaluation (non-production) use only, offering a full set of features but with restricted performance and limited operational lifespan. For more information about support see the CICS Transaction Sever for z/OS Developer Trial web page and Support for CICS TS Developer Trial.
- Announcement Letter for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.4
- Ordering CICS products and maintenance
- Upgrading information for CICS when changing releases of CICS, z/OS, or DB2
- Finding CICS PSP Buckets
- End of Service dates for CICS products
- Detailed System Requirements for other releases of CICS
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server
Was this topic helpful?
08 July 2021