A natural stage in the IBM Software Support Lifecycle, End of support marks the 'official' withdrawal of technical support for specific versions and releases of software products.
What End of Support can mean to you
Once a specific version or release reaches end of support (sometimes called end of life), you may find that access to entitled severity 1 technical support is no longer available.
What you can do to monitor End of Support dates
Start by reviewing upcoming 2H 2019 End of Support dates.*
*Note: End of support announcements are generally made twice a year in April and September and are subject to change. Always confirm dates by visiting the IBM Software Support Lifecycle site.
- Subscribe to the lifecycle news feed – select ‘End of Support’
- Download XML data from the IBM Software Support Lifecycle application
- Create your own customized list to pull XML data for selected products
What are your options if a version or release of your software is approaching 'End of support'?
- upgrade to a newer version or release. This is your best option. You not only maintain access to new fixes and feature packs, you can open support cases ensuring that if you do have an issue requiring immediate attention you can get it. [Learn how to upgrade using your IBM Software Subscription and Support entitlement]
- purchase an IBM Software Support Service Extension (sometimes referred to as Extended Support). Service Extensions allowing you to get product fixes and engage with IBM support professionals for use and defect support after your End of Support date is reached. They are NOT available for all products. Learn more about Software Support Service Extensions
In some situations, for some products, you may acquire Continuing Support allowing you to open cases with support professionals after the End of Support date is reached. However, Continuing Support is not available for all products and it does not include access to new fixes. Review the Continuing Support policy.
Only you can decide which option makes the most sense for you.