IBM Sustained Support
- Provides up to 5 years of support after End of Support of last version.
- Support access for usage, and known defects, no new security patches. IBM strongly recommends that customer is on the latest version.
- Sustained Support applies only to version/release(s) of the Program that were under active support at the time of the Program's withdrawal from market.
- This is an IBM option for customers to be supported and migrate to an IBM platform instead of opting to either run unsupported state, seek out replacement software or use 3rd party software support vendors.
- Keeps customers for life as we deliver usage and known issues support using IBM Software products and assist in migrating to next generation technologies.
- First year is eligible for 1 year extended support.
- Support for routine Usage and How-to questions.
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Access to documentation, technical notes and other online product material.
- Standard SLO’s apply (example 24x7 severity 1).
- Unlimited number of technical support incidents.
- IBM will also provide existing code patches and fixes.
For Extended and Sustained Support assistance, please contact your Subscription and Annuity Representative. You can also use the email addresses provided below for assistance:
Sustained Support - Comparison with Base and Extended Support
|End of Support for a Version/Release
|End of Support/End of Marketing of Last Version. The product is no longer commercially available, and all versions are no longer support under Base Support
|Active S&S or Sustained
|Length of time
|2/3/5 years based on Lifecycle
|Provides Customer full support during the base support period
|Provides Customer additional time to migrate to a newer version of same product
|Provides clients an option for support instead of choosing to go unsupported and go to a competitor
|Unlimited Technical Support Case Access
|New Defect Support
|Includes Critical Defect Support 1st year only.
|Usage & How to Support
|New Security Fixes
|Includes Critical Defect Support 1st year only
|Access to Existing Fixes in FixCentral
|Self-Help and Product Documentation