This page contains performance data for IBM's 4767 Cryptographic Coprocessor. To help you perform your own performance testing, IBM provides a sample program called cca_perf_sample.c included as part of the CCA sample code that it provides. You can use this program as is or to help you develop your own performance test.
IBM conducted performance tests in its lab using the sample test program. Results are available in IBM 4767 Performance Measurements, CCA Release 5.2.23 (PDF, 6.5 MB). IBM used the following criteria:
- The verbs were run on a single IBM 4767-002 PCIe Cryptographic Coprocessor.
- The verbs were run using Release 5.2.23 of the IBM Common Cryptographic Architecture (CCA) software.
- The tests were measured from a CCA application program.
- The test application was run on a Lenovo™ x3500 M5 Type 5464 host server.
- The test application utilized the standard CCA application programming interface (API).
- The operating system used by the host server was SUSE® (a Micro Focus company) Linux® Enterprise Server (SLES) 12 Service Pack 1 (64-bit).
- No other application programs were running on the host server while the tests were running.
The following chart is one example of performance data from the IBM tests.