How to create a NFS Server on RHEL6.1
SNGhorpade 2700040S7A Visits (4036)
Disclaimer:- These steps mentioned here are quickest and least - that help achieve objective.
1. Enable NFS service
2. Disable the firewall (if firewall is required in that case enable only NFS ports)
3. Confirm NFS service is running by /sbin/service nfs status
4. Add to data to /etc/exports as per the rules
/nfsshared *(rw) - means nfsshared is the folder shared to whole world with read write options
/nfsshared 220.127.116.11(ro) - means nfsshared is the folder shared to 18.104.22.168 VM only with read only option.
5. /usr/sbin/exportfs -a is the command that will put /nfsshared in network share mode.
6. confirm by running command - /usr/sbin/exportfs
7. From 22.214.171.124 run command
mount -t nfs 9.12