The thought of migrating your ReqPro production environment to a new server can be daunting, but a well thought-out plan, combined with a series of specific steps, can be just what you need to put your mind at ease. You can follow this procedure if you will continue to use the same database after the migration, and the database is hosted on a separate server than ReqPro. Otherwise, the procedure will be more complex.
To migrate ReqPro from the old server to the new server:
- If you are migrating a production system, notify your users and plan for enough downtime in advance. You may want to practice the migration on a test system first.
- Install ReqPro and all other required software on the new server. If you plan to upgrade ReqPro during the migration, you will need to install new ReqPro software on the new server -- the Upgrading Rational RequisitePro instructions cover this in detail.
- Stop ReqPro on the old server.
- Copy the ReqPro project files (from the file system) from the old server to the new server as described in the Moving Rational RequisitePro projects documentation.
- Since your database is not changing, you do not need to make any database specific changes.
- On the new ReqPro server, update project properties as described in Tech Note #1135389.