Hello, Notes Users. I have a few questions for those of you saving Sametime chat histories in Notes 8. Notes 8 allows you to automatically save Sametime chat histories to either your mail file or locally.
- Where are you storing you chat histories using Sametime - locally on your computer, or in the Notes Mail file? Why this choice?
- Do you switch this preference back and forth between locally vs. mail file for any reason?
- Do you see any reason to sync the chat history content between your locally saved chat histories and your mail file?
(or to federate both in either the mail file chat history view or the standalone Sametime chat history view?)
- Is there any reason to keep the option to automatically save locally, instead of the mail file?
- Do you run the standalone version of Sametime, in addition to Notes 8, with the embedded Sametime? If so, why do you run both?
Thank You for your input.
Sametime Product Design