Solving A Query Mystery in ClearQuest
GaryKunkel 060000W41U Visits (1367)
I received e-mail from a ClearQuest user requesting that I come to her desk to investigate a Query problem. She described and demonstrated the problem when I arrived.
When she modified one of the parameters in a query, the modification appeared in the original query AND another one.
In my four years of Rational Tools administration, I’d never seen anything like this.
I knew she was using version 22.214.171.124 of the legacy ClearQuest Windows Client.
When I asked her if the problem occurred when using the web client, she replied that the folder containing one of the queries was missing when using ClearQuest web. I was able to find the folder but in a location that was different though not far from the one she indicated. I sent her the proper location of the folder along with a screen shot. She indeed found the folder in ClearQuest web but discovered that in the ClearQuest windows client, the folder was in a different location.
Essentially, the navigation pane in her ClearQuest native client and ClearQuest web were out of sync. To narrow down the problem further, I started the ClearQuest web client on my laptop and discovered that the folder locations were in sync with ClearQuest web. So the inconsistency was isolated to her ClearQuest Windows client session.
I concluded that the wayward folder had been moved by another user while she was logged in but the navigation pane never refreshed. Logging out and logging back in resolved the issue.