A new learning path is available for professional Site Reliability Engineers who would like to certify on IBM Cloud.
With this learning path, Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) can gain experience managing cloud environments that are ready to run in large-scale, enterprise workloads.
Experts from IBM Global Business Services created new, digital learning for IBM Cloud SREs through the IBM Center for Cloud Training, including hands-on exercises using high-availability clustered environments.
Topics in the professional-level IBM Cloud SRE learning path include the following:
- Introduction to the IBM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer Role
- Site Reliability Engineering Principles Overview
- Incident Analysis and Developing a Balanced Action Plan to Mitigate
- Designing and Deploying Automation Strategies
- Leveraging IBM Cloud Tools, Technology, and Roles across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Managing Backups and Recoveries on IBM Cloud
- Monitoring of Resources and their Utilization on IBM Cloud
- Performing Operational Readiness Reviews on IBM Cloud
- Identifying Key Metrics for Service Health on IBM Cloud
- Collecting, Analyzing, and Managing Logs on IBM Cloud
- Managing Incidents on IBM Cloud
- Using Performance and Availability Metrics to Measure the Health of Services
- Assessing Trends and Creating Actionable Outcomes
- Managing Role-Based Access Control on IBM Cloud
- Implementing and Managing Security Policies on IBM Cloud
- Implementing Data Protection on IBM Cloud
- Managing Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) on IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud Service Models: IaaS, PaaS, and FaaS
- Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks on IBM Cloud
- Configuring Name Resolution on IBM Cloud
- Applying IBM Cloud Networking Features
- Managing Performance on IBM Cloud
- Managing Storage Accounts
- Creating and Managing Data Retention Capabilities
- Designing and Improving Reliability for Systems and Services
- Designing for Failure, Recovering from Failure, and Managing Failure Domains
Other IBM Center for Cloud Training learning paths
Not the training you need? Browse other learning paths by the IBM Center for Cloud Training:
This IBM Cloud SRE learning path provides exposure to technology and processes assessed by the professional-level IBM Cloud Site Reliability Engineer v1 certification exam. To prepare for this certification exam, learners are encouraged to develop their skills by further exploring lab scenarios or working on IBM Cloud projects.
This course is available as an annual learning subscription. The subscription model can be very advantageous. For example:
- Learners can repeat modules as they transition from casual learning to project work, then again to prepare for the certification exam.
- Learners can take advantage of new and updated course modules as they become available during the subscription period.
IBM Learning for Cloud Individual Subscription (Role-based) can be ordered from IBM Sellers, IBM Business Partners, the IBM Center for Cloud Training web site, and IBM Product pages for USD $3,600.
Larger projects can buy pre-discounted packs of 75 role-based learning subscriptions for USD $150,000 that can be used to enroll in this, or any other, role-based learning path offered by the IBM Center for Cloud Training. Please contact your IBM Seller or IBM Business Partner for this Enterprise Subscription.